Chapter 13

It was the ring with the sad little flower...

I felt myself go completely silent. 

He hadn't done that, had he? 

"Wh... wh... what?" I asked him in complete shock. 

"It's for you!" he said, smiling at me while he took out the ring from the box, and grabbed my right hand to let it slip on my 4th finger. 

I felt my eyes get teary, as I lifted them from the ring to the wonderful boy, that was right in front of me. 

"You're amazing Liam" I said, as I leaned forward and closed the gap between us by letting my lips fall onto his. 

"You deserve it" he said, sending me a smile

"Thank you so much - you're the best" I gave him another peck on the lips but was interrupted by a vibration from my pocket. 

I grabbed it and saw it was a text: 

From: Ruth

Ey! Sooooooo, are you guys ready for Nicola and I? 

By the way! When is Sarah and the rest of your family coming? :) 

Love ya! xx

"Ruth just texted me" I said to Liam, who was still sitting at the floor in front of me

"Ah, what did she say?" 

"That Nicola and her were ready, and she asked about my family" I said, starting to write back to her

"'kay" he said, getting up from the floor to walk to the bathroom. 

To: Ruth

We are, we are! Can't wait! 

They will be here in an hour or so, I think the plane is landing right now actually.

You can just come up now :) xx

I heard the toilet flush as I went over to the suitcase, I had brought. The bathroom door opened again, as I found my brush in the suitcase and began to comb myself. 

"When are they coming?" Liam asked, lying down on our bed

"Who? My family?" I asked, looking at myself in the mirror

"No, Ruth and Nicola" he said slowly 

Was he falling asleep? 

"In a few minutes, I think" I answered

No answer - he was definitely sleeping

I turned around and went over to the bed to look at him

He looked so peaceful as he lay there, breathing slowly - this made me smile. 

I was interrupted by the sound of two knocks on the door. 

I quickly went over to open the door which revealed Nicola and Ruth smiling at me. 

"Hey girls" I said, as I pulled Nicola in for a hug, followed by Ruth. 

"Where's Liam?" Ruth asked

"He's sleeping, that little boy" I giggled as I lead them into the room

"It's so annoying the boys always get the big rooms" Nicola said as she saw the size of our room.

This made us laugh. 

"Aw that little Liam" Ruth said as she went over to sit next to him on the bed. 

Nicola and I went over there too.

"Liaaaaam" I said quietly, while beginning to nuzzle his cheek slowly. That did not make him wake up.