six

i checked the watch on my wrist seeing 2:57 am displayed. i groaned and leaned my head back against the walls. who would've thought rafters could get so uncomfortable after sitting on them for an hour.

"bro what is taking them so long?" ethan groaned next to me.

"that's what i'm saying" i played with the rings on my finger, the same thing i've been doing for an hour.

"alright boss. will do" we heard from the other room. i crawled over a little to see the men leaving our target alone in the room.

"it's your time to shine" i said back to ethan as it was part of the plan. instead he handed me his sniper causing me to furrow my eyebrows at him.

"i can't get around you. you have to do it." i could tell he was lying but right now was not the time to get into that.

"well prepare yourself to run." i heard shuffling behind me and saw ethan facing the other way getting ready to run.

i lifted the sniper scope to my eye, directing the gun at his head. specifically the temple. as soon as he turned and gave me more access to his temple, i pressed the trigger. the bullet quietly went into his head from the silencer on the sniper. i watched him drop to the ground and smiled before realizing we have to get out of here.

i turned around and pushed ethan lightly to let him know to start moving. we raced to the end of the rafters and jumped down the ladder. we sprinted to the truck, laughing as soon as we got in.

"that one was fun." i said as i caught my breath from laughing.

"oh for sure." ethan replied as he started the truck and took off down the road.

some music quietly played in the background as i hummed along, trying not to fall asleep. i couldn't help but lean my head on the window as i started dozing off. i quickly fell asleep but not before feeling ethans hand back on my thigh.

~

i woke up to ethan lightly squeezing my thigh to signify that we're at my house. i rubbed my eyes and smiled at him before opening the door. i said my goodbye and climbed out of the truck before turning back and waving at him.

"see you tomorrow, venom" i called him by his gang name causing a smile to appear on his face.

"you too, reaper." i smiled back at him as i turned back around. i opened my front door and heard ethans truck driving off in the distance.

all the lights in the house were off which would be normal besides the fact that i hear voices. i walked up the stairs and the voices quickly became louder as they were yelling.

"she could be dead out there for all we know!! why would you send her on such a dangerous mission??" i heard my moms voice.

"how many times do i have to keep telling you she's fine!!! she knows how to protect herself!" and there's my dads.

"how do you know that?? she's just a weak little girl thomas." tears brimmed my eyes as i heard that. that's all she thinks of me? good to know.

i needed to go somewhere else for tonight but im not sure who would still be awake right now. i pulled out my phone and pulled up ethans contact. a contact i've never used.

me: hey are you still awake?

he responded almost immediately which answered my question.

ethan: yea wassup?

me: um this is weird but can i come over?