eight

i walked into the warehouse ready to get high and forget all of my problems. i saw the group sitting in the makeshift living room, pulling out some blunts to get started. my route was interrupted by my father stepping in and pulling me aside.

"i have another mission for you." he lead me towards the media room.

"fantastic. i need to destress." i sighed as i sat on the couch and watched my father lean up against the wall.

"then this mission is perfect for you. but we have to wait for ethan to arrive." i groaned at his last statement.

"nooo. ethan's the reason i'm stressed. i can't destress if my stressor is with me." i rambled as i pulled my knees to my chest.

"i thought you guys were getting closer." my fathers eyebrows narrowed together as he was confused as to why ethan was causing me problems.

"i did too but now he's being a dick. i don't even know what i did wrong." i flopped back into the couch and let out a loud sigh, causing my father to let out a small laugh.

"well whatever it is, he'll get over himself eventually. but unfortunately you guys still have to do this mission together. it's another dangerous mission." he took a seat at the computer and began typing things in.

"fine, whatever. but just saying, if he pisses me off more, he better remember i have perfect aim." i joked making my father laugh.

"how could he forget after you cracked his head open with a rock after skipping a rock farther than you?" he reminded me of the occasion that took places when we were kids.

i laughed at the memory just as ethan entered the room.

"what's so funny?" he asked as he made his way to sit next to me on the couch.

"your lack of common sense when it comes to pissing me off." i shrugged as i crossed one leg over the other, my father letting out a quiet laugh from the computer desk.

"what are you laughing at harold?" ethan squinted his eyes at my dads back.

"oh nothing... but don't call me harold or you could be six feet under." he swiveled around in his chair to face us with a smile on his face.

"whatever, harold. what do we got for this mission?" he raised his eyebrow as he disregarded what my father told him.

my father sighed at ethan's 'humor' and turned back around. "one of our rivals has been secretly importing weapons and other supplies in hopes to take us down. we're not going to let that happen. so here's the plan. you two are going to go to charles bay dock. their 'headquarters' for the shipments is in the back of the pizza parlor." he had a map of the dock pulled up and pointed his finger at the pizza parlor. "you need to hack into the system and cancel their incoming shipments and any future shipments they have planned. completely shut it down. then you need to get into the shipments that are in the pizza parlor currently and take anything that's in them. they can't have anything left once you leave the dock."

"wait wait wait... charles bay dock?? you want me to spend four hours in a car with this whoreass??" my eyes widened as i pointed at ethan who put his hand on his heart pretending to be offended.

"i'll have you know i'm not a whore nor an ass." he dramatically looked away as he held his hand up to me.

"ninety-seven percent of the female population at our school would say otherwise." i remarked as i rolled my eyes, my father holding in a laugh as he turned back around to face the computer.

"why you always gotta take her side harold?" ethan leaned back against the couch and crossed his arms as he pouted like a four year old.

"i made her. it's in my blood." my dads eyes stayed focused as he looked at maps on the computer.

"so unfair." ethan rolled his eyes.

"life's unfair you big baby." i squeezed his cheek as he pouted, causing him to smack my hand away.

"alright. let's get this show on the road." ethan said as he stood up from the couch, me following.

i walked over to my dad to give him a hug. "i'll see you tomorrow." he pulled back from the hug as he grabbed my hand to do our handshake. "tomorrow." he replied.