ten

i had just finish hacking into the mainframe and was working on shutting it down when ethan pulled into a gas station parking lot. i furrowed my eyebrows when i checked the map and saw we only had 30 minutes left.

"hey your boys gotta pee. i've been holding it for an hour. plus i'm not going in there on an empty stomach." he said unbuckling and getting out of the car.

seeing as he made a valid point, i set the laptop on the backseat so it could finish loading and got out myself.

when i got inside i figured it was best to use the bathroom as well. afterwards i walked through the aisles multiple times trying to figure out what i was in the mood for. i finally decided to just grab a bag of peach rings and go with it. i also grabbed an alani energy drink since we were going to be waiting a while. (let me put you guys on that shit)

i met with ethan at the front where he offered to pay for my snacks for making us stop. we got back into the car where i immediately opened my peach rings. my mouth began to drool at the smell because i haven't had them in so long and forgot how much i loved them.

i set the bag between mine and ethan's drink so i could get back on the laptop which i grabbed from the backseat. i clicked a few more things then the system was shut down.

"and done. system is wiped out and shut down so now we just have to wait until they leave to get into their shipments and get rid of them." i smiled proudly at the work i've accomplished.

"nice job." ethan smiled back.

i was shutting my computer down when i saw ethan's hand going for my bag of peach rings in the corner of my eye. i slapped his hand making him look at me.

"don't touch my rings." i glared at him causing him to laugh and put his hand up in surrender.

i shut the computer off and put it on the back seat just as we arrived to charles bay dock. the sun had just set and now the sky was a light blue color.

we parked down the road from the pizza parlor, turning off all of the lights and sat back to observe.

"how long until they leave do you think?" ethan asked already becoming impatient.

"calm down. according to the history of their shipments and activity in the parlor, they usually get the shipments at 7 and leave about 10." i checked my watch seeing 9:58pm.

"they should be leaving any time now." i relaxed back as we waited for the men to leave.

after a few minutes, a group of men walked out of the building, locking the door behind them. they walked past a few buildings, getting into their vehicles and driving off.

while we waited to make sure no one came back, i hacked into the security system, turning the alarms and cameras off. then we exited ethan's truck and quickly jogged to the back door of the parlor.

ethan picked the lock on the back door and we entered. we walked into the kitchen seeing nothing out of the ordinary.

"where do you think the shipments are?" i asked as i looked around.

"well seeing as they're a high class gang, they were probably smart enough to hide them below the building which im assuming this trap door leads to." i turned to ethan to see him pointing at a trap door on the floor.

"fair enough." i opened it and climbed down, ethan following behind me. we turned the light on to see 3 huge boxes around the room.

we both cracked open a box and began taking the weapons out and putting them into our duffel bags. once we researched each box multiple times and confirmed there were no more weapons, we sealed the boxes back up and left.

we locked the door to the pizza parlor and ran back to ethan's truck. we loaded the bags into the bed of the truck then got in. once we drove away, i turned the security system back on.

we decided it would be best to find a hotel room for tonight because it was already midnight and we didn't want to drive four more hours back home.

when we got to the hotel, we grabbed the bags out of ethan's trunk and put them under the back seats so nobody could see them. we both grabbed our bags that we packed just in case this happened, which we do for any missions hours away.

we walked up to the desk clerk who looked as if she was hoping her shift would end in the next five minutes or she would jump off the roof. ethan got us a room and paid no matter how many times i told him i could pay.

when we got in the room, i immediately dropped my bag on the floor and flopped on the bed. unfortunately the only rooms left were single bed rooms which means sharing a bed so ethan flopped right next to me, or should i say on top of me.

"get your fat ass off of me." i groaned while rolling in the other direction.

"heyyy." ethan whined as i climbed out of bed to change my clothes.

i went into the bathroom and changed into a tank top and shorts and threw my hair up into a bun. i wiped all of my makeup off and brushed my teeth before exiting the bathroom.

"i like those shorts." ethan said pointing out my silk black shorts.

"than-" i looked down at them before he cut me off.

"but i think they would look better on the floor." i looked back up to see his infamous smirk on his face and i just wanted to smack it off.

"very funny. now go change." i rolled my eyes and went to my side of the bed.

while ethan was changing, i texted my dad letting him know we decided to stay at a hotel and i'll be home in the morning.

he responded back with an 'okay. i love you. stay safe.' and i smiled telling him 'i love you too.'

ethan walked out only wearing sweatpants and i quickly turned to face the other way to hide my blush.

"you know you can stare at my abs all you want. don't have to hide it." he said in a cocky tone making me roll my eyes.

"yea whatever dolan. goodnight."

the last thing i felt was ethan getting into bed and draping his arm over me before i let sleep consume me.