one

the doors of the corridor burst open with a very loud sound, their latches attaching to the pieces on the wall causing the doors to stay open. my eyes travel down the hall to see who opened them when i see two little freshmen struggling then being pushed out of the way once they're open. my eyes catch who pushed them and they immediately roll back as i turned back around.

ethan dolan. senior. school's bad boy. gang member. has a big reputation. most popular kid along side his twin brother. also the more attractive twin.

grayson dolan. senior. nice to people he cares about, douche to others. also a gang member. the smarter twin.

then we have jake and tristan. fellow gang members. best friends to the twins but we refer to them as their minions.

i turned my attention back to ryleigh and lane as i slammed my locker shut. they peered over my shoulder to see what pissed me off then groaned when they saw the group. we all hate them to say the least. it's bad enough we have to spend our social lives outside of school with them but the fact that we have to go to school with them is almost too much.

oh i almost forgot. i'm kailyn reed. i'm a senior and apart of a gang. yes, the same gang as ethan and his "squad". ryleigh and lane are in the gang too as it consists of mainly high school and college students. oh and one more important thing. i hate ethan dolan.

my father was the leader of the gang when i was born so i was basically born into the business. ethan's father, being my father's best friend, was also in the gang which caused ethan and grayson to be born into it. our moms don't really like the whole thing and don't want us to be apart of it but i hold two middle fingers to that.

i actually enjoy being in the gang. it's like having a second family. also the thrill i get from hurting people is oddly exhilarating. our gang symbol, or tattoo whichever you wanna refer to it as, is like one of those connect-the-dot puzzles you use to do as a kid. every time you kill someone you get another dot and a connected line from the last one. once you have the whole symbol completed, you can finally feel accomplished with yourself. until then, it's practically forbidden to feel good about to work you've done.

see i hate ethan because he's always been a dick to me. as kids he would always try to push me around and walk all over me. now obviously me being a gang member i never let that happen but it pissed me the fuck off. im not sure why he hates me, i never did anything to that boy.

since we were old enough to actually start doing tasks, we've always been tied with our number for our tattoo. whenever i kill someone and get another line he feels the need to catch up because he hates losing to me. but now we both have four lines left, it's getting cutthroat.

i turn to go to class when i'm blocked by a hand smacking against the locker by my head, catching the attention of other students. i see the cuff of his leather jacket with his silver rolex and i know exactly who's standing in front of me. i roll my eyes as i avoid eye contact knowing that pisses him off.

"hey reed." he hissed out in a low voice as he tried to get eye contact. i continued to avoid it as i looked off to the side at ryleigh and lane who stood there pissed at ethan as well. i felt his hand grab my chin and turn my head so i was facing him.

"i said hey reed." he said lowly through gritted teeth as he became angrier by the second.

"that's my name, don't wear it out." i smiled at him as i tried to walk away, getting blocked by his other hand.

"i have a tattoo appointment tonight. you know what that means." he killed someone else. he's ahead of me now. shit.

"cool but when was the last time i gave a fuck because i'm really struggling to remember." i pushed him arm away from me, adjusting the collar of my leather jacket and walking off, ryleigh and lane trailing behind.

he's ahead? not for long.