Chapter Two

The first few days that Harry arrived I kept to myself, not really bothering myself to start up a conversation or bond. I stayed in my room for the most part, only coming out for school and food. I had gotten warning glares from my mom when I’d brush past Harry to get an apple for lunch instead of stopping and talking but I just pretended I didn’t notice. I didn’t dislike Harry. He was actually better then I thought he’d be, but I just didn’t have any interest in becoming buddy buddy with the man. 

It was a Saturday night when I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in!” I called, quickly ripping the headphones out of my ears and shutting the laptop I was watching Netflix on.

My moms head peeked in from the half opened door, “Sweetie, I’m going out with some friends. You’re spending time with Harry downstairs while I’m gone.”

“Can’t, sorry.” I mumbled as I got up from my bed.

“It wasn’t an option.” her eyebrows raised.

My hands crossed over my chest, “I’m going out with Ashton and Christina.”

“Well, change of plans.” She said, “Change into something conformable. I’m sure you’ll be watching movies or something with him.”

“I don’t want to have some father daughter time mother.” I scowled.

“Mary,” She sighed, “He isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so just get the bonding part over with now, okay?” She said tiredly.

I groaned, picking up my phone to text in my friends group text. 

Mary, 5:35 pm: I can’t go to Lindsey's party tonight. Mom’s making me hangout with her soon to be husband.

Ashton, 5:36 pm: Really Mary? Just sneak out

Christina, 5:36 pm: It’s fine Mary. We’ll see you Monday. Have fun with your new stepdad lol

Mary, 5:37 pm: I wont. Text me all night.

I dropped my phone on the bed and turned around to face my mom who still stood in my doorway.

“What? I called off my plans. Happy?” 

“Don’t give me attitude, Mary.” My mom scolded, “I think you’ll really like him once you get to know him.”

“Maybe I will. But I don’t really care to get to know him.” I shrugged.

She gave me a pleading look before she closed the door. I took off my jeans and slid into some over sized sweatpants and a white tank top. I took my messy hair out of my pony tail and cringed at my reflection. I hated having wavy hair, it was such a pain. I used my fingers to comb out the tangles but it still looked frizzy. Its not like I was trying to impress anyone anyways so who cares what my hair looked like.