thirty one

Chapter 31

Sage P.O.V.

A few days had passed since my brother decided to be a dumbass. Steve and Two-bit had been keeping a close eye on me to make sure I wouldn't do anything rash, like share the cell next to him. But in all honestly, I didn't care anymore. The thought of my brother being reformed was a delusional thought. I should be happy that he made it this long, especially with everything that has happened with me. Maybe I should throw him a party when he gets out for going in on auto damage and not murder. Because there have been a few times where murder could have definitely happened.

Angela and I decided we were going to meet up with some of her friends down by the river for some drinking and possible bon fire. It was our chance to get away from Tim and his lingering glare for a few hours since he had his own thing tonight.

I walked over to their house to meet up with Ange and nearly ran into Tim as he was walking out. One last glare seemed fitting before we left. I was about to walk in their house when his voice stopped me. "How are you doing, kid?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess it was about time for him to be thrown back in the cooler. Is what it is." He nodded his head, but I could tell he wanted to say more. I walked into the house, leaving Tim to do whatever it was he was on his way to do, and grabbed Angela.

The walk to the river wasn't long, which made me wonder why I never walked down here myself. It was peaceful and far enough away from the other side of town to not have to worry about getting jumped.

We were quickly met by yelling and hollering of her friends and the flickering of a small fire. With winter just around the corner, the sun setting made the air brisk and the fire needed. I pulled my jacket tighter around me and made my way towards the warmth of the group. The only thing on my mind was drinking a few beers and hanging out with these strangers who had zero ideas about my problems.

The sun had fully gone down at this point and the only light we had was from the flames in front of us. I think because of this, we didn't see the group of Soc's sneak up.

"Well look what we have here. If it isn't a bunch of grease balls." His friends laughed as he slurred his words at us. Soc's on a normal day can be a real pain in the ass, but a group of drunk ones is a whole different story. As they inched closer to the group, I could smell the alcohol rolling off them.

I looked around and saw our group was tensed up and getting ready for a fight. If none of us pulls blades, it should be a clean fight. Part of me welcomed the fight. I needed to let off some steam after the whole Dallas situation and this was going to let me.

I sipped on my beer as I watched them walk closer. Angela looked as relaxed as I did. I knew she would be down to throw a few punches without her brother being here.

It didn't take long for our boys to start an all-out brawl with them, which eventually dragged Angela and I into it. A guy who stood about six-foot tall and looked like he worked out for a living came walking up to me with a smirk plastered on his face. "Well, if it isn't baby Winston. Heard your brother got locked up. Which means you are fair game now. Need to teach the bastard a lesson while we can."

Something about the way he said that didn't sit well with me. I knew Dally had made some enemies over the years, but I didn't think all that heat would ever fall back on me.

He walked closer and I didn't give him a chance to make his move. I threw a right hook to his jaw and he stubbled back, shocked. "You're in for it now bitch."

He lunged at me, tackling me to the ground. I hit the cold dirt with a thud, and had the wind knocked out of me. He used my momentary lack of breathing to pin my arms down above me. He got a few punches in which only made me more pissed off. I used all my strength to roll him off me, which caused us to roll down the hill into the river.