thirty six

Ch 36

Sage P.O.V.

I woke up to Tim yelling at Angela and decided at that moment to leave quickly before the anger turned on me. I quietly moved down the hall to Angela's room and grabbed some clothes to change into. Tim's was too big on me, and I really didn't want to look like a homeless person walking the streets.

I heard the front door slam and someone walking towards the room. Angela walked in with her eyes swollen from crying and a red mark across her cheek. "Sorry, I needed some clothes. Are you okay?"

She shook her head, "I fell asleep at this guy's house and Tim flipped shit. Nothing even happened. I don't know why he is like this with me. Curly does whatever the fuck he wants and gets away with it." She threw herself on the bed while I finished getting changed.

"He probably doesn't want another Shepard running around. And we all know Curly isn't getting any." I heard her let out a small laugh at my comment. "I would love to stay and get yelled at by your brother for no reason other than his power trip. But I have other things to do."

She sat up in bed and asked, "You going to talk to Dally today?"

I rolled my eyes, "He is the last person I want to talk to right now. I need to go thank Two-bit and Steve for helping us out. And then maybe go pick a fight with some middle class broad."

Angela snorted, "Let me know how that goes. You think she is dumb enough to be by herself after what all happened?"

I shrugged my shoulders and walked to her door, "Don't know. But I do know they don't stand a chance against a blade." I pulled out Tim's switch that I snagged from his dresser. "Tell your brother I'll give it back later. I don't feel safe walking the streets without one."

She nodded her head, and I made my way out of their house. I figured avoiding Dally and Tim were my best options today, so I headed towards the DX to see Steve. And maybe when Soda sees how bad my face is bruised, he'll feel a little worse than what he has been.

As I was walking to the DX, I heard footsteps come up behind me. Hoping that if I ignored them and didn't turn around, they would leave me alone. Of course, that was wishful thinking and didn't happen. I had been listening out for any cars that drove by, but this road was a ghost town. Which meant the people behind me weren't Soc's.

A hand grabbed my hair and pulled me back to where my body hit something hard. "Well, if it isn't baby Winston. Where's your brother to protect you?" Him and another guy laughed.

I grounded my teeth together. Of course, this would have something to do with Dallas. "He doesn't do my dirty work." I stomped my foot down hard on his, which made him let go of my hair. I turned ot see two greasers standing there that I have never seen before.

The one I stepped on stepped towards me. "You're in for it now, bitch."

I was able to dodge one of his punches, but no such luck with the second. His fist connected with my right eye, and I already knew it was going to swell up. Another bruise to add to the collection. At this point I'm going to look like a damn rag doll if I keep finding myself in this position.

Before he swung at me again, I kneed him in the crotch and turned to face the other guy. Normally I would welcome the fight, but today I wasn't in the mood to be playing games. I pulled out Tim's switch and held it in front of me.

The guy smirked when he saw it, "Now what does a girl like you know what to do with a man's weapon?"

I took a few steps forward and the guy was dumb enough not to move out of my range. I held the blade against his crotch and smiled, "You're right. It would be horrible if I accidently let it slip. Or mindlessly stab you wherever I could."