fifteen

Chapter 15

Sage P.O.V

It was well after sunset and Angela and I managed to tag four different cars. She slashed two of the car's tires while I slid under my two and used my blade to make holes in things and cut various wires.

I know what we were doing was illegal, but we both had the biggest smiles on our faces the whole time. I can see why my brother was always in and out of the cooler. The adrenaline rush you get from things like this is like nothing I have ever felt before.

We decided starting with four cars was enough and didn't push our luck. We silently walked back to our side of town, sticking to the shadows until we crossed the tracks. Once we were out of sight from the land of the soc, we couldn't help but laugh at what we just did.

We were all smiles until I saw Tim walking towards us. We both stopped. "Oh shit." Angela tensed up next to me as we continued to walk towards him.

He looked pissed. And not his normal pissed off look, but one that told me we were both in for it. He looked at Angela and slapped her, shocking us both. "You and I will be having a nice conversation when we get back."

He looked at me and I held my chin high with an arrogant look on my face. If he was going to slap me, he would get a fist to the face right back. It looked like he was internally debating on what to do. He settled with shaking his head and saying, "Winston you are lucky Dally is just as pissed as I am."

I snorted, "All we did was go for a walk and you are acting like we killed someone. Who knew one of the toughest greasers in town would crack because his kid sister was out of his sight for a few hours?"

I saw his hand twitch and I secretly wanted him to hit me. After messing up those cars, I had this reckless feeling where I was looking for trouble. "Walk to the Curtis house now." I rolled my eyes at him and started walking forward.

I didn't see Curly and one of his friends walk up, but Tim told them to take Angela home, leaving me and Tim alone. We walked in silence for what seemed like hours until he said, "You aren't like your brother. Stop trying to act like him."

I let out a non-amused laugh, "I hate to break it to you, but this ain't acting." He glared at me and shook his head. We walked the rest of the way in silence.

Once we made it to the Curtis house, I went to open the gate, but Tim told me to wait outside. Not wanting to make a scene, I listened. I watched him walk through the door and come out a minute later with Dal.

Tim had more restraint when it came to what he said and did. Dally, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. And man was I looking forward to it. He stormed up to me and grabbed my arm to keep me from going anywhere. "Where in the hell were you? Did I not tell you to stay with Steve and Soda?"

I rolled my eyes which only angered him more. He slapped me, just like Tim slapped Angela and I was waiting for it.

The thing is, dad hit me all the time no matter what I did. I could breathe in his direction and the man would snap. I can't tell you why, but I was so damn afraid of him to the point where I put up with his abuse for years. Dallas doesn't scare me like dad did. All those years I was too scared to fight back, but that person is gone.

Before he could react, I swung my fist at his face connecting with his jaw. His eyes were the color of ice but there was nothing except fire dancing in them. Darry ran out of the house and stood in front of us before we could do anything else.

Last time we fought like this it didn't end well. Winston's don't lose and we don't know when to stop.

Soda's P.O.V.