Chapter 10: Elder Knight Geryon and The Dullahan

" Please don't tell me that they- "

" They did! They still go boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! " Verdia said as he got so angry he cut off Y/n. He then gazed at Megumin and both Kazuma and Y/n pinched her cheeks.

" You did those!? I told you that it was prohibited to use that spell in that castle out of respect! " Y/n scolded Megumin.

' I feel sorry for him. ' Verdia silently said to himself as he watched Y/n and Kazuma handle his party. " Ow! Ow! Ow! It hurts! Stop, please! Listen to me! I was satisfied of casting Explosion in empty plains a while ago but....ever since I've known the charm of attacking the castle with magic, my body changed and I could only accept big and hard things- Ow! " Megumin then was bonked with the handle of the cane Y/n was holding.

" Stop saying things like that while fidgeting! Either way, you wouldn't have done this and the Explosion spell since you would fall flat on the ground after casting it, so you have an accomplice! Who in the- " Kazuma then saw Y/n pinch Aqua's cheeks lightly.

" Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay! I was the one who accompanied Megumin! It was out of pure spite since I couldn't get any quests because of that dullahan! I was lectured by the store owner because of him! " Aqua said as Y/n stopped pinching her cheek.

" Listen, you fools. I'm not angry because of the brat's Explosion Magic. Don't you all have the will to save your comrade? I might be like this right now but before I was unjustly executed and morphed into a monster, I was an honourable knight. From where I stand, that Crusader who was cursed to protect her companions was a classic model of a knight, and all of you... Even the Dark Angel, abandoned her. "

" Uhhh... Actually, " Y/n nervously called out as he pointed at Darkness. " Eh? Y-you're alive?! " Verdia shouted as he tried to keep Geryon in control.

" It's been a week since Darkness was cursed so he must be shocked, right? Right?! That dullahan must've thought that we would head into his castle to break the curse and was waiting in vain, huh? He must've not known that I broke the curse soon right after he left right?! Puhehehehe! It's so funny-owowowowow! " Aqua was then pinched by Y/n again.

" That should teach you some manners, you useless goddess. " Kazuma said weakly. " Hey! If you make me that angry! You know I can kill you and destroy this city on sight! Don't think I'll keep letting you off! As an undead, I won't tire out unlike your ace in the hole! You rookies won't even land a scratch against me! " Verdia said to the adventurers.

" I'm the one who shouldn't let you off this time! Disappear! " Aqua said as she was ready to cast Turn Undead.

" Do you think a low level class archpriest's magic will be able to defeat me? "

" Turn Undead! "

Light then flashed through Verdia and he was hurt by the spell, causing him to be tossed off his horse and was kicked away. Geryon then galloped towards the adventurers and made the whole bunch panic until Y/n realized that...

The horse was going to run over him only.

" Aqua you idiot! " Y/n said as he ran away from the adventurers. He then jumped over Verdia as to let Geryon run the dullahan over. " Owowowowow! Bad horse! Bad horse! Why aren't you listening to me!? Stop chasing Y/n! " Verdia said in pain as he was stomped and ran over by his own horse.

" Gggh.... That Nefarious Usurper summoned that horse in hopes to hunt the Dark Angel he is muttering about. First, I got burned by Turn Undead.... Are you even a beginner for starters?! Isn't this supposed to be a town a gathering place for beginners? " Verdia asked Aqua who was cowering due to her Turn Undead not working the way she thought it would.