Chapter 21: The Party's Problems(Dante Chapter)

" H-hey! Kazuma! Dante! The egg, it...it...it broke! " Aqua said in a panicked manner as Dante and Kazuma gasped.

" You idiot goddess! "

" What did you do?! "

These were the words Kazuma and Dante uttered out as they were sweating bullets. They feared what would've happened if Y/n found out about it and rushed towards the sofa where it was placed.

The green egg with a colorful hue had many cracks on it and was shaking. " It's only hatching you know. You scared us. " Kazuma said. " Wait... It's hatching?! Let me see! " Aqua said excitedly as she pushed off Kazuma.

" Well then, it's unfortunate that the hatching won't wait... We got the last of the front row seats. " Dante said as the egg moved again and then shattered, revealing a small Qurupeco.

Aqua squealed in joy as the Qurupeco made its first sounds as Kazuma stood still for a moment, having Vietnam Flashbacks of it calling various monsters and the bird being a pain in the ass during his Monster Hunter days. His eyes were covered by his hair as he drew out his sword.

" Aqua, I'm going to murder Reginald. "

" Eh?! What the?! No way! " Aqua was shocked as she tried to protect the Bird Wyvern. " If you're killing this innocent bird, you have to get through me! " she added as she wielded her staff. Unknown to her, the Bird Wyvern was trying to light Aqua's hagoromo on fire with its flint-like edges from its wings.

Crackle of fire then was heard as Dante pointed out Aqua's hagoromo. " Uhhh, Aqua, your garment is burning so you might need to go and take a dip. " he said as the flames became wilder.

" H-huh?! Noooo! " Aqua then dashed to the baths and tried to put the fire off. " You know what? I think I'll keep him. " Kazuma said as he looked at the Qurupeco.

Kazuma: Konosuba!

" So... What are you going to do with your weapons now? Any kinds of ammunition are not even in this world. Only the Yamato can bring us out here either. " Dante discussed with Lady who was in deep thought. " Well, I can't just stay here and be useless. I need to do something. " she answered as Kazuma gazed at Aqua.

" Well, considering these weapons are rare... Why don't you try registering at the tavern? Who knows, you might become am archwizard like me, and then we can learn Explosion magic toge- "

" Okay! Okay! Stop with your delusions with Explosion magic Megumin! " Kazuma scolded Megumin who pouted after hearing that. " Sounds like a good idea. I'll go there, Dante, you still owe me a lot of money. " Lady said in a demanding tone as Dante realized that and used Trickster to get away from her.

" Uhmmm... I'm flat out broke and Dante won't pay me so... Little help? " Lady asked as Kazuma whistled and then when Lady gazed at him, he also ran away but Megumin and Darkness stopped her.

" It's just 1000 Eris, Kazuma! You have a lot of money in you considering our debts had been paid off! " Megumin said as Darkness agreed. " Yeah, you can just pay half of it and we'll do the rest. " she said as Kazuma couldn't get away from them. " Fine! 500 Eris only and that's final! " he answered as he gave them 500 Eris.

" Welp, that's settled then. Thanks Kazuma. I'll pay you once I get enough money to pay. " Lady said as Kazuma groaned. " No problem. Now, can I go? Reginald is  wanting fish for lunch. " he said and Reginald(the Qurupeco) was already outside. As he saw a market selling fish, it then hurried flew and divebombed into the portion where tuna and other sorts of fish are being sold.

" Ah, hey! Don't go in there you sneaking thief! " Kazuma said as he rushed towards Reginald. The people then ran off due to the ruckus Reginald made and those who tried to catch it were pecked straight in the face as the small burd wyvern ran off.