Chapter 24: Tragedy Strikes the Unexpected(Dante Chapter)

" I'm at fault here... " Aqua muttered as she then saw a swarm of Empusas led by the Queen. A holy aura surrounds Aqua as she finally snapped. " Being thrown around and called a Useless Goddess.... It...ends now! " she shouted as the Empusa Queen charged at Aqua. A bright glow came from her hands as she shouted, " God Blow! " and evaporated the Empusa Queen instantly.

" A-Aqua sama... " Kyouya said and was a bit scared of the Goddess' Anger. " Keep them busy Kyouya, I'll be there once I finished healing Kazuma. " Aqua said as Clemea and Kyouya then did as what she was told.

At the Afterlife

" Really?! Just by the time I died she realized her incompetence?! I'll give that bitch an ass kicking! " Kazuma shouted in anger as Eris tried to calm Kazuma down. " Well, at least Aqua is doing her best.... Either way, we are lucky that Y/n wasn't there. " Eris said as she still remembered seeing the events that occured with the Winter Shogun. " Wait what why- Oh... That, he will go berserker on them. I forgot. " Kazuma said as Eris shuddered a bit.

" What? You worried with him, shotacon? " Kazuma said with a cocky grin and Eris became flustered. " I am not a shotacon, nor a Yandere! I'm just completely worried about him as someone close to me- Idiot! " she said and pinched Kazuma's cheeks. " Give that shotacon title to Wiz! " she added.

Eris: Konosuba!

Kazuma: Don't steal my lines!

" So, everything is fine huh? I was worried that Y/n would have a hard time being alone. I'm surprised too, since you helped a lich out. " Kazuma said. " Oh come on! We know first hand that Y/n is unstable emotionally most of the time... He needs moral support you know. Beneath that motherly attitude of hers- I mean his, is a fragile side. You know he breaks down at moments like you dying right?

You're lucky he didn't see it. "

Kazuma said and then remembered something...er, someone. Alicia... " Speaking of that moments, what are we going to tell about Alicia? " Kazuma said as Eris glared. " Don't. I order you not to say anything. Tell Aqua and the others that they shouldn't tell anything. Telling him will cause trouble for all of you. " Eris said grimly as Kazuma was shocked from this.

" He'll rush in to save her wouldn't he? How long have they been friends with? Since childhood? Damn, it's going to turn into a Sparda Brother fight isn't it? " Kazuma said as he listed out things that were correct. " I...am surprised you aren't shocked about that. Either way, promise me, keep him away from Alicia. " Eris pleaded as Kazuma nodded. " Yeah, yeah... Either way, how is Aqua doing either way? Dante should be fine by himself and Lady too. " he said.

" They found Yunyun... But things are looking grim... " Eris said as she showed the wounded Yunyun and Megumin, the latter protecting Yunyun from getting stabbed by the claw.

With Megumin

" M-Megumin! " Yunyun stammered as Megumin shook from the shock of pain of being stabbed in the hand but she faced the Empusa as if she wanted to fight but there was no way she could fight back. She was an Archwizard and the distance was too close to cast a strong spell. Worst case of all, she can't use Explosion. Darkness then pushed the Empusa away and Megumin and Yunyun too. " Run! Save yourself! " Darkness said as she moaned from being attacked.

Lady sighed and then casted Mirage Blades and fired it at high speed towards the insect demons and they flinched away from Darkness. Lady stepped in, dragging Darkness as she used Drain Touch on the Crusader and used some of the drained energy to help Megumin.

A swarm then appeared as the scent of blood attracted the Empusas. They were coming upfront. " Stay down, freaks! " she shouted as a rain of blade fell down and made them stuck into their positions. " Megumin, Explosion, now! " she ordered as she dragged Darkness to a safe place.
" Oh black magic that destroys every being, I beseech thee, borrowing your strength. I command you to obliterate the nuisances in our way!