Extra Issue: Y/n's Confession

Warning: This is basically filler and all about Y/n's background. Skip to Chapter 14 if ye want.

Two days before the Sparda Entity appeared...

" Phew! That was close! " Y/n said as he went to the guild. " Hey! Still have the two parties chasing you? " Dante said as he handed Y/n a drink. The bad news was, it was alcoholic drink and Y/n is not the type to handle such things.

" You know the last time I drunk this, I was carried to your inn right? " Y/n asked rhetorically at Dante as he took the drink for himself. " Whatever. I think I want to blow off some steam by either eating or fighting monsters. " he added as he ordered Neroid Swish.

" No need to tell me why. You've said everything when you were drunk, especially who you like the most. "

Hearing this, Y/n spat out his drink as Dante laughed. " I did?! Damn it I wasn't going to even do that! " Y/n said as his ' brother ' patted him on the back. " Oh brother, when will you stop wussing out and confess to- " he was cut off when Y/n pointed Force Edge at him.

" One word, this thing will be shoved up your ass. " Y/n said as he pointed Force Edge at him. " Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop being violent here. Anyway, are you planning to do it? " Dante whispered as Y/n just answered with, " I don't know. I really haven't thought about it. "

" You better stop hesitating brother. You'll end up in regret. The last time I checked, the two chicks had been bombarding the stables with gifts. Those two really want you. " Dante said. Y/n had blushed as Dante said that. " Why don't you try to admit that you like one of them anyway? " he asked as Y/n answered it.

He had really low self esteem when it comes to romantic relationships as his mind was paranoid. The mindset of ' What if I was weak and powerless, would they stay or leave me behind? ' and the low self esteem had overridden his mind to the point he won't believe that he can't trust anyone in intimate or romantic relationships. Even if he had the power to see through lies and find truth in it, his mindset will prevail all the time and deny all the facts.

His mindset was more of a trauma due to his father leaving them behind once Y/n's mother had fallen sick, and had used most of her money for the hospital bills. The words, " You're no use of me anymore. " had stuck through his mind.

(A/n: Being called dead weight triggers him too.)

That's why when he reincarnated and became somewhat like V, he didn't push through to become a popular adventurer. He could've learned everything and adapt right from the start to become stronger but he wanted a peaceful and quiet life.

Being with Kazuma's party, he knew he could lead a quiet life since they were a low ranking rookie team. He could trust them, especially Kazuma, since they knew him since day one. In exchange of them being his friends, he swore his loyalty to Kazuma.

Sure he rarely showed his emotions all of the time, but he softened bit by bit when he was with them, to the point he considers them his new family and became their acting mother.

" So that's how it is huh? You're afraid of being used and thrown away like thrash. It hurts a lot having your precious one being left to die, and there was nothing you can do to save her. " Dante said and remembered Eva and Vergil. " Yeah... So that's why I want to deny it. I don't have a strong mindset to overcome my fear. " Y/n said as he started eating frog legs he ordered.

" It feels nice that I can talk to you. Eases my mind a bit, I just hope... I can really do it, confess to her. " Y/n said, and then sighed. " Wanna go spar later? " Dante asked and Y/n nodded and said,