Chapter 35: Worries

" Hm... You are improving better. " Y/n said as he was training Kyouya in hand to hand combat. Impressed on how the former wannabe protagonist finally developing on his own without the sword and was keeping up with him, he smiled as he got serious and aggressive with his attacks.

Putting more strength and speed into the strikes, Kyouya could barely keep up and was forced to resort to turtle strategy. Focusing on guarding and protecting oneself as Y/n kept striking. Suddenly, as Kyouya analyzed the next strikes, he tried to intercept and strike back. A right roundhouse, an elbow strike, and lastly, a palm strike; all where evaded and parried all of them, then countering with a kick to the jaw which staggered him.

" Very good... You really seem to know your stuff well. " Y/n commended as he wiped the blood from his lip. " What can I say? I do learn from the best. " Kyouya said as he smiled confidently. This earned a light smack on his head as Y/n became strict again. " Don't get cocky on me now! I never said training is over! Until now at least. " he scolded Kyouya in a joking manner as the two then laughed.

Suddenly, Kyouya's name was called out by Cremea and Fio as they brought him food. " Hey, none for me? " Y/n asked with a pouty look on his face as Kyouya laughed and gave his mentor his portion of food.

" I had the two made them for you. Of course I won't forget. "

" Thanks. Though, you don't have to do much for me. This is a whole bento box worth of lunch. " Y/n told Kyouya as Cremea told him, " You've made Kyouya a lot better than he used to. To be honest, I really think we would've gone down a dark path if it weren't for you around. Still can't stand the pervert though. "

" Kazuma? Yeah, he is still quite obnoxious, I know. He's a reliable guy though, he had shown me that days ago... " Y/n defended as he remembered Kazuma committing a Yoshimitsu just to make sure he doesn't agree on the Former Demon King's Daughter's contract.

" Hm... If you say so. By the way, where's...Wiz? Shouldn't she be also arriving right now? " Kyouya asked as he wondered why Wiz isn't around Y/n. " There's...some interrogation being conducted by Wiz. We captured the Former Demon King's Princess. I was about to kill her when Wiz stopped me. She says the captive is better alive than dead. " he said as Kyouya and his harem questioned on his...methods.

" I don't really see why I should spare the person who attempted to sway and potentially kill my friend to turn against each other. The only reason why I spared Alicia one last time was because I took away her powers and with that, I don't see her as a threat anymore. Unlike her, I don't see the reason not to kill the former demon king's daughter. We don't have any friendship like relaionships, or anything like that.

Besides, I feel like every single passing day, the dark forces will threaten my loved ones. I could say...the world is lucky that those I consider my friends and family is on the world's side. I could really care less if I didn't have anyone on my side or if my loved ones are against the world.

That's why...I'll leave it up to the heroes like you to do the whole saving the world thing. My goal is to only kill Urizen and make sure the safety of my loved ones is assured. With that,

I NEED MORE POWER. "

...

...

" So... the Demon King was killed and Urizen is the new king huh? Man, he sure is stepping to the top of the world. " Dante said as Vergil was in deep thought. " What concerns me the most is who killed the Demon King... His own daughter... Killed her own father and was essentially proud of it, as if the said father was a disgrace for being honorable and...weak. " the spirit said as he was remembering the horrible deed he had done to his own son.