Chapter 34: I Was Never A Hero

Kazuma was in deep thought, contemplating the choices given to him. He was allowed to serve the Mighty Usurper with the addition of gaining power and freedom to do what he wants. However...

Shllk!

What Kazuma did surprised the Former Demon King's Daughter, as he stabbed himself with a Mirage Blade, his heart and the Princess' being struck with it. " W-why you?! Insolent fool! " she shouted as Kazuma grinned. " Had you there for a moment huh? I'd rather die than feel the guilt of seeing Y/n cry! Aqua is already enough...of...a liability...

I won't be adding myself as another! "

He shouted as he shoved the blade deeper as the Princess spat out blood from the wound it was giving her. Moving away from Kazuma, she gritted her teeth, insulted that her offer was refused. " Well then. Die! " the Princess screamed as she was about to cast a spell from her hands.

Suddenly, a tight grip then held onto the Princess' arm. Turning to her right, a shadowy hand from black goo appeared. Markings then appeared on the Princess' arm as it was as if the whole casting process was sealed. Letting go of her, the figure then took full form and the shadow then was cast out, revealing Y/n who had a different look than what he had with fighting Alicia.

" Oh my... It seems that Y/n has fully changed. " Vanir said in a slight worried manner as Alicia could feel the dread even though they are watching from miles away using magic. ' Why... You could've just killed me already... Why are you showing me mercy that I don't deserve? Do you want to embarrass me for all the things I did? ' she thought as Vanir read her mind and turned to her with a stern look.

" Embarrass you? No, he just wants to show you how much he really valued you as a person. You disregarded it the first time, when he spared you from the wrath of the Sword of Sparda, now are you going to waste that chance again? Your doings, plus the things that Kazuma hides when it is revealed...This will be the descent of his innocent humanity. He will turn into a monster, and I need you and the others to help me stop him from going the wrong path.

That said, are you willing to help? "

The masked demon said as Alicia remembered the once skinny, slightly pale and weak, yet innocent child she had as a friend. Kneeling down in regret she then cried as she realized...

She was never forgotten

...

...

" So the unworthy inheritor has arrived. " the princess said as Y/n never took notice of her and looked at Kazuma. The princess then snapped her fingers and suddenly, assassins then came out from the shadows. Aiming to land a swift kill at Kazuma, Y/n then turned into a blur, and then in an instant, strikes in form of kicks then hit the assassins. As they hit the ground, they were stabbed with Mirage Blade to the chest.

Shocked of what had happened, the princess then looked around, nothing was slowed down, even for a second that he attacked. Everything really seemed like a blur for those with the unexperienced eye. " Half than a second. Seems like this newfound strength is really that efficient after all. " he said as he carried Kazuma.

" I guess you really have the conviction after all. I am sorry for doubting you... " he said as he teleported Kazuma's body to the mansion. There, Aqua was then shocked that on the table, a corpse suddenly popped up.

" I hope this doesn't become a habit. " Megumin said as Aqua was given instructions by Megumin on what to do. Wiz then saw the body and was shocked of what happened. She then bolted out of the door and tried to go after Y/n. ' What have you done to yourself? ' she thought in a fearful manner, hoping that he hasn't descended from humanity.