Chapter 25: Inside Y/n's Mind

" Nero? " Credo said as he tried to approach Nero, but the latter pointed Red Queen at him. " I can't trust you, this may be an illusion. Or a mirage either. The goddess named Eris told me to watch out for demons lurking around here. " he said as Y/n sighed. " Welp, looks like you rushed in here without the information needed huh? I guess I need to teach you some manners kid. " he said as he summoned Mirage Edge.

" So you wanna fight huh? Okay, come and get it! " Nero said as he revved Red Queen up. A moment of silence filled the air as Credo tensed up from this. Nero charged at Y/n and went in for a large sideward swing and was answered by parrying the sword, only to fail and feel the heavy weight of Nero's sword. ' Heavy! ' Y/n thought as he stumbled a bit. He fought back and retaliated with light swings, clashing with Nero who struggled with Y/n's speed and couldn't react properly due to a loss of an arm.

" Well now, looks like being an amputee messes you up! I guess I'll give you some assistance! " he said as he went in for blunt hits using Beowolf and Nero stepped back sheathing his sword, using Blue Rose to further their distance. Y/n had dodged the bullets and cornered Nero into a no escape spot. As Y/n pointed the Sparda at Nero, he uttered:

" You're not worthy of the devil's power yet. "

Y/n then walked away and waited at the distorted hallway, waiting for Wiz to return. However, they could notice that Y/n's grip on Sparda was getting tighter, impatient of their return. " He is a mysterious one really. Anyway, how did you get here? " Credo asked Nero as the latter sighed. " Long story really, but I'll tell you. " he said as they sat down.

Wiz on the other hand, was giving Nevan a hard time and the demon who had used her full power against a Nightmare-Lich hybrid who wasn't using her full power. " What's wrong? Can't handle my power? " Wiz flaunted and sighed. " This is getting boring and the humiliation of loss is finally gone. Your corruption will soon be mine as my source for power. " Wiz said in an uncontrollable manner as she rushed towards Nevan who desperately teleported to the opposite side of the battlefield, tired and frightened of this new power. However, she smiled from this and giggled, as if her old self was trying to be regained back.

" Well then, give me your best shot! " Nevan announced as bats came up to her aid. Most of them attacking attacking Wiz to the point there wasn't a safe spot of not getting hit. ' Damn, she really pulled a Touhou lunatic mode... ' Griffon said in Wiz's head. ' Well, if there is one thing that we should do, we can graze through them. ' Wiz answered back as she dashed through the whole swarm of bats, freezing the very surroundings as she went past setting up two electric orbs that became a Double Check attack and it quickly destroyed Nevan's shield, making her stagger.

As she recovered, she could only see a palm. The lich's palm which had cold air on it filled with thunder. " Mission complete. " Wiz said as she blasted Nevan with a cold blizzard and thunderous lightning from her palm. She then grabbed the Lightning Witch by the neck and used Drain Touch on her. The corruptive energy had been absorbed by Wiz, letting Griffon's Nightmare biology eliminate the corruption done by Urizen and make that energy their own strength.

" Ah! The sleeves of my robes are burnt and torn. Geez, that was a rough fight... " Wiz said as she tore off the sleeves of the robes. ' H-hey. Let me take control for now. I need to talk with Nevan. ' Griffon said inside Wiz's head as the latter agreed. Griffon took over as he turned around to Nevan. " So, are you feeling fine now?  Sorry for the knockout that we gave you a while ago. " Griffon said as Nevan struggled to stand up but only fell down.

" Don't push yourself. After the beating you've got. It might be better if you just became a guitar scythe. " Griffon said as Hell Sins appeared. " In fact, we are trapped here in this room with them. " he added. " Oh trust me. You're not the one trapped with them. They're the ones trapped with you. " Nevan said as she touched Wiz's body(on the shoulder). " I'm yours to keep. Don't pawn me off okay? " the Lightning Witch said as she turned to a weapon.