Ch. 33: Kazuma (We in Season 3 now Baby!)

" Damn him! " Kazuma shouted as he slammed the table with his hand. " Thinking so low of me... After all that training?! " he ranted as Reginald and Megumin tried to calm him down. " I am sure he has reasons... Have you talked to Dante already about this? " the Crimson Demon asked.

" I did, and he said that bastard had planned this while we were returning from Arcanretia. " Kazuma answered as he was about to go out. " Where are you heading?! " Aqua said as she saw Kazuma grabbing his equipment.

" I'll beat the crap outta him. I'll make him regret looking down on me. " he answered as he went out of the mansion. Reginald went off and flew away(Reginald is not fully grown yet so he can fly out through windows and enter doors).

Devil May Cry Office

" Aren't you gonna stop them? " Vergil asked as he saw Kazuma run past the office by the window. " Nah, I feel like this is a valuable lesson for him. " Dante answered as Vergil looked at his brother with a tone of seriousness.

" What do you mean learn something? We know Kazuma is a hopeless case. He prefers his life over risking his life for him. Hell, Y/n devised a plan to keep that traitor out. "

" You seem so loathsome about him. "

" I have the right to be. Perverted, lazy, and all the bad things you can describe about him... You can use them. I don't know what Y/n sees in him as a friend. " Vergil said, harboring hatred over Kazuma. " I can say the same about his...weird characteristics, especially him going into that inn, " Dante said as he went near the window.

" If it was my choice, I'd leave the pathetic whelp to die suffering because I can't see anything good in him. " Vergil said as Dante scoffed and then uttered, " That's why you can't make any friends and you are alone. I wonder how Nero's mother manage to keep up with you. "

" Don't ever mention that again in my face. " Vergil said, flustered which was rare for him. " Wow, I can't believe someone like you can be such a little softie." Dante teased as Vergil growled. ' Eris, I would like to go to the afterlife...Please. ' he thought as he had enough of his brother for a day.

Vanir's Camp

Midday

" Hey, so you're finally awake. " Vanir said to the guest who woke up. She shot her eyes open and then tried to attack, only for the pain due to her injuries to stop her from continuing. " Don't even try it. Unless you really want to waste that chance the second time. " he told her as she stopped attacking, knowing it would be foolish to make drastic movements while injured. " Have you calmed down now? " Vanir asked as Alicia looked away in disappointment and despair.

" Well that's a nice taste of disappointment after a loss. Now...Why don't you take a rest because you'll be in for a surprise later.I want to show you something. " Vanir ordered as he was about to leave.

" Just get it over with and kill me. There is nothing worth for you in keeping me anyway. I lost my arm, I lost most of my powers... I am weak. What am I of use to you? " Alicia asked and begged for death as she was useless and powerless. Vanir scoffed and just said these words to her:

" Funny, that's how Urizen sees us. We are not like him. "

Shocked, Alicia was left in deep thought and was feeling something she hasn't felt for in years.

Outskirts of Axel Town

Forest

Sounds of grunts and growls could be heard as Kazuma and Shadow were still fighting. " I guess I should've expected you holding back on me during training... " he said as he dashed away from Shadow, using Lurk to hide from the trees.

Shadow tried to observe and hear movement and then suddenly was attempted to be shot with arrows. Jumping away, he then charged towards the tree where Kazuma was hiding from, only to shatter an ice clone with the force of its paws.

Shadow then turned around and was then blinded by the bright light from Kazuma's Steal Spell and then as the light faded Shadow's eyes were pierced with Mirage Blades. He was also riddled with burn marks and after realizing what happened, Shadow roared.

Kazuma had used Steal not as a form of stealing Shadow's core, but as a means of using the said spell as a flashbang due to its brightness. Stabbing one eye and then moving away quickly before he could get grabbed by Shadow's tendrils as they were going wild, he then pelted the familiar with Fireball spell, using Y/n's variation. The small fireballs didn't hurt much in impact due to Kazuma only having an average magic stat but the aftermath stung.

Using the confusion as a chance, Kazuma then pierced the other eye, making Shadow reel back and panic a bit. This is where Kazuma took this as a chance to leave and go after Y/n.

The roar could be heard all along the forest and suddenly, ink-like versions of Abyss Demons spawned as blockage for Kazuma. " Damn you... " Kazuma growled and then suddenly, a spell that burst out wild flames incinerated the ink clones. A figure then landed down, with a fiendish look in her eyes but didn't draw her sword towards Kazuma.

" Greetings... Satou Kazuma... " she said as she moved away some hair covering a portion of her left eye.

(Tbh, I couldn't find a detailed appearance for the Demon King's daughter or get a chance to tell how she looks like in general in this fic. Now that I get a chance, she is a bit taller than Darkness(Alicia, the Sparda brothers*Y/n is about 5'7, a bit of demon power-up and exposure to adventures helped him grow a bit taller but he doesn't count as the tallest as he is just slightly taller than Wiz*, and Vanir take the cake of being the tallest), has short jet black hair with her bangs covering her left eye. Her physique is a bit above average due to her demon heritage. She also always wears pitch black clothing but the design bastardizes the usual clothes of the Demon King's tribe wears.)

' Argh... Crapbaskets. ' Kazuma thought as he brandished Chunchunmaru. " No need for hostilities... I just wanted to talk, and maybe have a deal with you. " the former Demon King's Daughter said as she smirked. " To hell with your deals. " Kazuma said and then threw a Mirage Blade at the enemy and as the Princess dodged it lazily, Kazuma suddenly teleported to the location where the thrown Mirage blade was and then stabbed her from the back with the Chunchunmaru.

The former Demon King's daughter laughed but didn't respond. " I love your ingenuity and creativity. Tell me, how would you like to join us? " she asked as Kazuma was shocked. " You...what? " he uttered as he stepped back, not grabbing his sword and was incredulous of what he was hearing.

" Simple, we can use that talent of yours to the fullest. Unlike the human and undeserving half of Rightful Usurper, we will allow you to grow and prosper. You can be one of the strongest in this world. And besides..."

As the former Demon King's Daughter then disappeared in Kazuma's vision, she then went behind Kazuma and whispered these words to Kazuma.

" Don't you want to get that power Y/n has to yourself? The Nightmares, his prodigy like ability.... We would take what he took from the Rightful Usurper and return it to him, but the rest... It will all be yours. Make a choice. You will be one of the immortal kings of the world if you choose wisely... "

Kazuma's reasoning then became fuddled. He had never thought of that as he had cared for Y/n deeply as a younger brother of sorts.

" I really do see you as an older brother... I really do senpai. "

That words said to him echoes Kazuma's head. It dwindled as time goes on, he was known for his greed and for his want to take shortcuts and it was getting to his conscience. Power...something that Kazuma never had in general, was being offered to him right in his hands.

It was a matter of time before he would make a decision.