Chapter 26: Secrets Hidden to The Fragile Soul

" Come on! Come on! Just five more demons buddy! " Dante said to Kazuma who was struggling with 5 Riots. " They are much harder than you think! Why the hell am I fighting 10 demons!? " Kazuma complained as he dodged the Riots' attacks on him. " Use your footwork! You're a lot faster with it then use Lurk! " Dante shouted as Kazuma did as what he was told.

Blinding the Riots with the arrow from the Snipe skill, taking this as a chance, he ran off from their vision and used Lurk to hide. ' This short sword doesn't feel right but whatever, this should kill em. ' Kazuma said as he dashed quickly, slashing through the Riots' weak points and all of them went down. " Nice moves. You're improving from your mistakes. You don't even have a wound on you now! " Dante said and laughed heartily.

" Hey, screw you man. I almost died back then. Anyway, let's just get back home. " Kazuma said as a wounded Riot jumped on Kazuma, only to be shot in the head with Ebony.

Kazuma: Konosuba!

Devil May Cry Office-Arcanretia Branch

" So. What does the governor want with me? Finally going to file I can go back to my home? Or is it you want me to kill a demon which is in front of me? " Y/n said in a tone filled with killing intent and hate to Aldarp who was scared. His guards wasn't able to act, they also felt the same aura of killing intent, as if they were gonna be stabbed anywhere if they made a wrong move.

' Useless idiots... I paid good for them but they can't kill this frail idiot... ' Aldarp thought as he cleared his throat. " I wanted to make a request really. One of the former Order of the Sword had gone missing for days now. I want you to search for him. " Aldarp said as Y/n replied with:

" If you're looking for Credo, he's upstairs sleeping so it's best that you keep quiet amigo. "

" Stop being a smartass and listen! Look, you know Alicia pretty well and she left us without knowing! Hell, I sent out the request to Devil May Cry in your pathetic town and they didn't find her! She has an unbelievable power on her own and you know what they said? They got beat up and defeated! I had to put up in requesting this job on you- Grrk! " Aldarp was then cut off when Y/n grabbed him by the neck.

" Say that again. I DARE YOU. Alicia, missing? She is far more than a weakling to be missing and not found by your men or have heard news of them. She's my childhood friend who saved me from torment with the kids who bullied me when I was young. " Y/n said as he tightened his grip on him, all while transforming into his Devil Trigger with all restraints out to scare Aldarp. " You should learn to make better stories that won't get you killed. " Y/n added in a distorted voice as his guards ran off.

" Y/n... That's enough. " Credo said as he used a spell to make Y/n revert back. " I'll handle everything from here alright? Go get some rest. " Credo said as Y/n went back upstairs.

" We've got a lot to talk about Aldarp. I have a mind boggling news too. " Credo said and had a smug smile which was rare for Aldarp as Credo barely smiled at all. It wasn't a good sign.

With Kazuma
Devil May Cry Office

" Why is this sword short?! What the hell happened?! " Kazuma said as the custom katana that was made for him was short. " Actually, we tried to test it out for you and...it was too long so we cut it to a short size. " Megumin said guiltily. " It was also Dante's idea since he thought it was a little bit too much longer than your size. I told him to request the blade to be shortened but not that short. It almost looks like a dagger. " Lady said as Dante whistled.

" I hate you... " Kazuma whined as Darkness patted him on the back. " That short sword aside, what happened to Aqua? " Lady asked as Kazuma sighed. " She woke up finally but she won't get out of the bed. She is mortified of Urizen. " he said as everyone in the party was worried of Aqua. ' She's gonna need therapy sessions after these. ' he added.