Chapter 23: A Harsh Lesson

(A/n: Remember when I said Dante chapters were lighthearted?

I think I broke that promise)

Carriage
Midnight

" Why do I have to be sitting next to you? "

" I can say the same to you, you Hiki-NEET. "

Kazuma and Aqua said these respectively as they were growling at each other and glaring, as if both of them will kill each other if they weren't being watched by Lady. " I told you two to get along, not stare at each other as if you're going to commit murder. " she said and sighed as there wasn't any progress of them getting along.

" They're always like that. They don't get along often. " Megumin said to Lady as Dante laughed. " Ah good old memories. Me and Lady sometimes fought like that. " Dante said laughing and sighed after a good laugh. " Either way, the forest is just up ahead. It's full of demons so you need to stay close to each other while finding the survivors. " Dante said as he looked  outside.

" What about you? " Lady asked as Dante was about to leave the carriage early. " I'm going out on my own. I have someone to deal with. " he said as he jumped outside the carriage. " Alright. Time to bring you back home. " Dante said as he dashed towards the forest, searching for Alicia.

With Alicia, she was slowly sinking in the spell Malphas created for her, the Snatch out of range. She had to do something or else she'll suffocate, and when that happened, she remembered something. She waved her hand as Mirage Blades rained down on Malphas. As the demon was focused and distracted on the Mirage Blades wounding the avian body, Alicia took it as a chance to summon a phantasmic arm and threw her abnormally large sword/greatsword of hers in between the avian's eyes. This was enough to make Malphas fall down and the spell was came undone.

" Looks like I damaged you completely. Now, how about I make sure that you'll remember how this fist feels like? " Alicia said, jumping towards Malphas's main body. Cracking her knuckles, Malphas could only cover her body with her arms. She was then battered by Alicia who mainly uses her Bringer to beat her up. " You really...want to...absorb me, Alicia? Do you want to lose your chance with greater power than mine?

A power to reign superior to Y/n? "

After hearing this, Alicia stopped and choked all of Malphas' necks. One of the was a phantasmic arm and kept a tight grip. " Answer, now. " Alicia said as Malphas tried to struggle. " Let me off first... Before I discuss it to you. " Malphas said as she was freed from Alicia's grip. " Speak, now. " she commanded as Malphas gasped to breathe and made an exasperated sigh. " Well then, since you insist. Now, you know about our king, Urizen don't you? " Malphas said as Alicia's eyes perked up.

" I'm listening. " Alicia said as she got off from Malphas. " Well then, if you can serve and swear your loyalty to my lord, he will grant you power greater than you can imagine. Strong enough to triumph superior to your friend turned enemy- " Malphas was then cut off as they heard footsteps. Getting the greatsword, Alicia then stood her ground. " You should leave, I'll meet up with you later. " Alicia said as Malphas stood up and teleported back to Urizen's palace.

From the shadows, the Wacky Hobo Pizza Man appeared. " Looks like you've arrived. After all, I said in the letter I would leave Axel to get more power. " Alicia said as Dante sighed. " So, you made deals with the devil now huh? I can't believe you're that desperate to be better than anyone. " Dante said as Alicia gritted her teeth. " Cut your taunting! What does someone like you want from me!? " she shouted as Dante. The latter shook his head and them smirked. " Well, let me phrase it in a lingo that you'll understand: