Chapter 1

•••

9:00 a. m. December ,1893 . Amsterdam to Cambridge train station .

•••

"Excuse me, madame , is this seat taken?"

A young man on his neat and rich kid kind of vibe addressed her with a smile . But she didn't left a word and just move closer to the window , giving him space to sit , so he then sat beside her and wonder what might be the matter that bothers the young lady .

Clearing his throat and fixing his neck tie, he started the first move.

Young man : You're from Amsterdam ?

He asked and she just look at him for a second to nod ,then back to the window again .

Young man : Living your family this holiday ?

He asked again , hoping for at least an answer of "yes"or "no" to show off her voice .

Young lady : No. I'm actually from Cambridge. I just went in Amsterdam for a trip. 

She replied that plastered a bright smile on his face. 

Young man : Amsterdam is an amazing place . A place to forget all your loads in life .

He said like he's on his seventies already . A thing that made her cover her mouth and  chuckle.

Young man: uhmm~ *chuckle* why ?Did my words transferred as a joke to you ?

He asked ,so he pulled herself together and stopped . Back on behaving like a fine lady .

Young Lady : Hearing those words from a man that is probably still on the same age as mine , just sounds so strange and funny for me. Sorry for my behavior.

She said with all respect.

Young man : No. Haha there's nothing to sorry. Please don't make yourself uncomfortable around me. It will be hard to sit beside someone you don't like for more than five hours .

He said that made her pull a sweet lovely smile. He'd never met a man like him before. Maybe because she used to spend her life behind her room's curtain since she was young.

Watching and staring other ladies to wander around England while she's not even allowed to step out of their house .

Young Man : By the way, may I ask for your name, Madame?

He asked and she answered without hesitation .

Young Lady: Cindy. Cindy Smith .

She said and he smiled .

Young Man : Oh~ What a lovely name. Jhansen Jacobs, by the way. People call me Jan.  Nice meeting you, Miss Cindy .

He said with all his respect and lightly kiss her hand .

His lips didn't directly touch her skin, for she was wearing a glove, but his gentleness enter through her body and touches her heart .

Cindy: Nice meeting you too. 

She answered and lightly bowed her head .

Cindy : Your name is familiar tho. 

She said while trying to recall where and when did she hear his name.

Jan : Really ? haha maybe just someone who has the same name as mine .

He said and she just nodded .

----Time skip----

The train finally stopped, but not to their conversation. The young lady  find him too comfortable to be with that she already don't want to stand on her sit and go home .

Jan : Do you have a car to accompany you back to your house ?

He asked as he carry her baggage, full of unnecessary things she didn't use along her trip .

Cindy: Uhmm~ I'm not really sure .

She said and look around as they step out of the train . Searching for her nanny .

[Nanny : Someone who serve as a maid and sometimes take care of her Boss's child/children]

Cindy : I don't think someone will pick me ----

Jan: Oh great. My driver is already there . I can give you a ride. 

He answered not letting the young lady finish her words, but made her smile brightly. 

"Your Honorable, the car is ready . "

His servant came and bow down on him. Exposing his family's identity .

Cindy : Honorable ?

She asked and look at him.

Jan : uhmm~ My bad, my lady. I forgot to tell you . I'm a son of an Earl.

[ Earl : The head of the county. Belong to the Noble families. Fifth to the England's highest rank.

Noble family :
1.King  2.Prince  3.Duke 4. Marquess
5. Earl 6. Viscount  7.Baron  ]

Jan : Your family might be waiting for you now, so shall we ?

He said and offer his hand on her. 

Cindy: Ahh~ yes. 

The young lady replied and hold his hand, escorting him on the way to his car while she still can't believe she's with the Hon. Jhansen Jacobs.

"That's why his name was familiar . I've heard it once in one of our gatherings" She said at the back of her mind .

The young lady, Cindy, don't belong to the noble family, but his father is a well known veteran Doctor in England. Making her experience a fancy life even though she do not carry a royal blood on her veins.

Her Royal highness herself owe her life to the great Doctor who saved her from death .The reason why Cindy's father gets a special treatment from the palace, and...

got fixed to the son of the Cambridge's Duke, Jay Williams .

She still haven't seen the guy she will be marrying, but base from her nanny, he's every English girls' dream man .Exactly what she doesn't want to be with, for ever since she live her life like a princess in town, she already hated the special treatments. She just wanted to marry an ordinary guy from the Middle class family. Away from the aristocrats .

She wanted a simple life. A simple life that she'll never get as she marry a noble man.

Driver : May I ask where do you live ? Young Lady ?

The driver asked her, getting her back to her sense.

Cindy : 140 Massachusetts Ave.

Cindy : To Dr. Smiths residence .

She added .

Jan : Oww~ So you're the daughter of Dr. Smith ?

He asked in amusement as he finally meet his Doctor's daughter .

Jan: Your father always talk about you everytime I visit his clinic .

He said and she smiled shyly. 

Cindy : Really ? haha I just hope he doesn't exposed me that much .

She said, laughing politely .

Jan : Haha don't worry. Your flaws are safe to me.

He said jokingly. Making the maiden laugh more .

----Time skip----

Cindy : It was nice meeting you , your Honorable .

She said and bowed for respect .

Jan : My pleasure .

He said and smiled once more before he turn his back and went inside his car .