Chapter 17

His Honorable was right. They were just confuse. The reason why the young lady, Cindy Smith, gave it a try. When they started opening the topic about what's the real score between them, she thought that it might the best time to see who can stay with her. She realize that maybe she likes them both, so to know in which of them she could give her heart, she wanna know who's willing to be with her.

"Just hold my hand." It's the whole thing she's been thinking and waiting for His Honorable to do the whole conversation, and she will run away with him. But he didn't.

In each word she said, there were no lies. She honestly told him what she feels, hoping that it could help her make a decision...and it really did.

Jan: Miss Cindy, we're already here.

He said and stop the car in front of the mansion's door.

Cindy: Ah ...thank you.

She said and look at him, but he's looking straight to the road and don't want to look at her way anymore.

Cindy: See you tomorrow.

She said and leave the wedding invitation on his lap before leaving.

Jay: Oh there she is.

She heard him the moment she step out of the car.

"Oh, what a lovely young lady~" A woman on her fifties that seems to look familiar approaches, and Cindy force a smile as Jay and the woman walk toward her. Jay notices her swollen eyes as they come closer to where she's standing, so he look at the car where she went out and fake a smile.

"It's nice to meet you." The woman said and smile to her. On Cindy's mind, she might be familiar because she's part of the royal family. She's sure that she already saw her in gatherings before.

"But why are your eyes--"

Jay: Ah-- she probably just went to her nanny. It's been so long since they met.

His lord said and went to her side to hold her hand.

Jay: By the way, My lady, this is my aunt Beth. Aunt Beth, this is Cindy Smith.

He said introducing them to each other and Cindy bowed with a smile.

"I'd love to ask you A LOT of questions but I'll save them for tomorrow."

She said and chuckle.

Jay: Haha I should prepare A LOT then.

He jokingly replied and they laughed.

----Time skip---

Jay: Where did you go?

He said and look at Cindy's swollen eyes.

Jay: And what happened to your ---

Cindy: I came to Dahlia. She gave me this.

She said showed him her gifts with a forced smile.

Jay: I told you not---

Cindy: It's okay. At least we are now sure that she's doing fine.

She replied and look at his hand, still holding hers. Funny how she'd expected Jhansen Jacobs to do it, when it's actually Jay Williams who can make it happen.

Jay: Why?

He asked and realize that it might be their holding hands, so he remove it and was about to apologize when she get his hand and hold it again.

"The other one calls me Miss Cindy, while the other one calls me My Lady." She thought.

•••
One day  before the wedding
•••