Chapter 9

Cindy's POV

Jay cancelled our movie date and brought me here in this cute boutique instead. Base on the Duke's right hand ,who drove us here , this is the Duke's favorite shop since he's a teenager .This is where he get his clothes. Jay is already done picking his clothes ,so he went out of the shop to buy flowers that his mother told him to bring.

Mr. Conrad : Young lady , my lord is just picking flowers for her mother, you can just wait for him inside the car .

Mr. Conrad said as I finish picking for the dress I want .

Cindy : Sure, I'll just wait .

I said and smiled at him when a lovely lady with her graceful moves and bright enthusiastic smile outside the shop caught my attention . She's the lady older than me . The owner of the flower shop.

Mr. Conrad: Young lady

Mr. Conrad called my attention as I got stuck staring at the lady, talking and laughing with the man I went here.

Cindy: What's her name ?

I asked still looking at her with a force smile .

Mr. Conrad : Dahlia. 

He replied and I just nodded .Her name fits her so much .

Mr. Conrad : The Duke loves reading books about understanding and knowing people's feeling. That's why he's good in reading someone's actions. He even told me that you seem so shock and angry when you knew that the wedding day was moved earlier than your expectations . On that night , he knew that you don't like the agreement of marriage .

He said all of a sudden ,so I look away from Dahlia and look at him instead .

Mr. Conrad : On my years of serving him, I also learn to do the same.

He said and look at me by looking at the mirror in front of him. 

Mr. Conrad : But I don't think his grace is still correct until now .

He said and I don't get it .

Cindy : What do you mean, mister ?

Mr. Conrad : You've change your mind .You already like him. You're getting jealous from her .

He said and look at Jay and Dahlia,still talking outside the shop.

Cindy : Maybe you're just not getting my actions right, mister.  I'm not jealous .

I said and look away ,but he still continue to speak things I didn't ask him to say .

Mr. Conrad : They are just childhood friends. Nothing more , nothing less.  There's nothing to worry. 

- End of POV -

••time skipped••

On a special dazzling night , all of the England's stars are gathered to hear a special announcement, for the Cambridge's one and only heir is finally getting married .

She slightly open her window's curtain and get a quick sneak on what's going on in outside. She just finish dressing and the maids are already waiting for her to go outside, but she's still nervous and practicing how she's going to greet the royal families . She's not used to it . She never thought that she'll be a spotlight of a special event where everyone will be watching and listening in every move she'll make .

Cindy : This is insane . I feel like even the way I breath should be perfect in their eyes cause I'll be marrying the Jay Williams who's the son of Cambridge's second highest rank.

She talk to herself ,still nervous and can't stay still.

Servant : My lady, you should go out now .

The servant said and her nervousness tripled, but can't do anything and opened the door .