Chapter 11

"So I'm just the second one?" He whispered to himself while leaning on the tree where he hide and listen to their conversation.

Jay came back first and left Jan with the man they helped. He noticed that the two ladies are seriously talking about something that they didn't even notice him coming ,so he thought of just hiding behind the big tree near them. Not knowing that he'll be having the deepest cut on his heart. That to her, he's just the second one.

He knew the fixed marriage, earlier than Cindy did. The reason why he look for her in Amsterdam, but unfortunately didn't saw her in the ranch.

The day they met in the market, he actually thought that she already knew who's him, but it turn out that the young lady doesn't have any idea on how does the Duke's son looks like. Giving him idea of pretending like an odd man in the market. He knew from there that she's the perfect lady to marry, but he never knew that it'll be hard for him to get her attention. Not like when he saw her with his cousin Jan. He saw how she genuinely laughed and smile with him. He saw how the two of them run away from the market. He saw how Jan look at her like she's everything to him. Yes, he saw, cause he didn't just disappear that day he left her in the market. He just went inside the car, but still followed the two in the river . That's why he still came late in the dinner although his mother's servants picked him up early in the market.

He knew that what he had with Cindy in the river was just a second hand enchantment, yet he's still happy to have a moment with her. Same as to the movie, he knew that Jan and her already watched it, but he still wanted to see if she's still interested in watching it twice with him. However, the lack of time stopped them in doing that. Good thing he thought of this place where he used to come whenever he needs time for himself. Thinking that at least he could finally got to bring her in a place that Jan haven't brought her yet. But still, she took him with them.

Cindy : I don't know which one I love the most, cause what I just know is I like it when they come around and make my ordinary days special.

She said to Stacey, while Jay is still on his place, hiding and listening.

Stacey: If you're not sure about what you feel about Jan, then I think I should tell that ...

And she pause for a while.

Stacey: That I am ... I am sure that I love him and I honestly don't like the fact that he's still looking at you as if he got a chance to an engaged lady like you.

The bold fierce lady said straight to the point. Cindy didn't answer , but feel sorry for them. All of them . Jay, Jan, and her. She thinks that she ruined their lives.

Cindy : I'm so sorry for making your lives hard. I guess meeting me made you absorb my unlucky charm. Your lives became complicated, just like mine.

She said nearly crying. You can see it in her voice, that she's trying her best not to break down .

" But I'm fine with it . I like how you made my life complicated. "

Someone behind them suddenly said ,and so they both look back to see him.

Jan: Since I was young, I already live my life in a boring cycle. My life keeps on turning in the same things, but the day I met you... everything has changed.

He said sincerely looking at the young lady's eyes, so Cindy stand up and look at Stacey.

Cindy: From what you started hearing our conversations? Why you didn't tell us you're listening?

She asked, worried about Stacey's feeling.

Jan: Right enough to know that I am someone that could mean something else to you.

He said and Stacey's tears starts to fill her ocean blue eyes.

Stacey: Then you also know what did I just said a whil----

Jan: Yes. I know, and I feel sorry for not acknowledging your feelings. I hope I can-----

Stacey: Stop flowering your words, it won't do anything on the pain I feel anyway,

She said wiping her tears .

Stacey: Your honorable.

She added and bow to show respect before leaving.

As she walk away from them, Jay showed up from the tree he's hiding.

Jan: My Lord, what about let's---

He said trying to pull a light ambiance after Stacey walk out, but Jay's sharp eyes and strong walk made him stop.

Jay: C'mon, we're already going home.

He said to Cindy and grab her hand.

Jan: My Lord, if you don't mind,  I'll just have something to say before---

Jay: We're already leaving. Didn't I made myself clear with that ?

He said and pull Cindy going to his car.

---Time skip---

Jay's POV:

Cindy : Aren't you tired being a son of a Duke?

She asked all of a sudden while I am driving and she's sitting next to me.

She's the most beautiful girl who sat on that passenger seat. She's so adorable, and I will never get tired of saying it.

Jay: When I was younger, there is no single day I curse my life as a son of a Duke.

Jay: But right now, I am already thankful of what I am.

I said and continue driving.

Cause the reason why I have you is because I am a son of a Duke, so why would I hate this ?

Cindy: You're there too, aren't you?

She asked that made me drive slower.

Jay: Where?

I asked in denial and didn't look at her.

Cindy: You will not act like that if you don't know what's happening.

She said and I could see in my peripheral vision that she's currently looking at me, so I force myself not to look on her side and just drive.

Cindy: What if I told Stacey a while ago that it's Jan-----

And she stopped from speaking when I stepped on the break to quickly stop the car.

I didn't talk for a while and she remain shock on what I did.

Jay: Don't say non sense things to her. Don't talk to her again.

I said and was about to start the car again when she hold my hand and look at me.

Cindy: Jay,

She started calling my name, but since I am afraid that I may not like what she'll say, I already start the car, making her lose her hand on mine .

Jay: Whatever is that. I choose not to hear it. I am your husband, and I will be your forever husband. You know that you don't have a choice.

I said and hold my tears back. I saw her look away from me, and I wonder what she's thinking.

Jay: Can't you see I'm trying?

I said while my chest starts to burn and feel heavy. Like feelings would explode any moment.

Jay: Why can't I have a chance to prove myself to you? You just met him few days before me. Is he that perfect to fall in love with ?

I asked trying to maintain a calm and stable voice .