Chapter 3

Cindy's POV:

I tried looking for him ,but he really just disappear like a dust , so I just decided to find myself instead .

Cindy : *sigh* where am I ?

I whispered talking to myself while looking at the signages around me.

"What brings a lovely lady here in the market ? "

Someone suddenly came and walk beside me.

It's Jan.

Cindy : Oh~ I'm glad you're here. I am just walking around with my nanny and ----

And I stop when he offer his hand , asking for mine.

Jan : C'mon let's look for her.

He said , but I can't figure out why does he still have to hold my hand while we're looking for my nanny , so I just stared at his hand and didn't answer for a while .

But then a man suddenly came carrying a huge baggage, so Jan quickly get my hand and pulled me away from that stranger and closer to him.

Jan : Obviously, It's your first time to go out here in the market. 

He said and chuckled .

Cindy : Ah..haha yes, your Honorable .

I said awkwardly and get my hand back before pretending to fix my dress , as I felt butterflies on my stomach .

Jan : Oh c'mon , no need to be that formal . We're friends .

Jan : You can just call me Jan.  Make yourself comfortable. 

He said and smiled at me.

Jan : By the way, have you've been in River Cam?

Cindy: River Cam?

Jan : Yes , it's an amazing place here in Cambridge .

[ You can refer to the picture attached above to see the beautiful view of the said river.]

Cindy : Oh really ? Is it far from here ?

Jan: No , it's actually just a walking distance. Do you want to come and see?

Cindy : *smile* of course~

I said that made him smile wider .

Jan : Since you seems uncomfortable when I hold your hand ... How about just follow my lead and I'll walk you there ?

He suggested and I nodded . He's so kind and gentle.  I hope I don't fall.

Walking thru the crowd , I can see that some people can already recognize Jan, so they are stepping back and make way for us, while most people are still wondering who's this guy I am with .

" Your Honorable ! "

A lady yelled and I look back to see who's it , but then it shocks me when Jan suddenly grab my hand and we both ran out of the crowd .

Cindy : wait, your Honorable why are we suddenly running ?

I asked confusedly as I catch my breath and slightly pulled my dress up to run faster .

Jan : That's Stacey . The daughter of the Viscount in York .

[ A viscount is immediately below an earl. They were originally administrators and judges who ruled over specific regions of a county. ]

He said and run faster .

Cindy: And why are you running away from her ?

Jan : I don't like her .

He replied simply and I didn't ask any further, cause it might be rude to question his honorable's decision .

As we run and escape out of the crowd , my heart suddenly felt happiness . I've never ran out of the house to just let the refreshing wind blew my hair freely, nor let the sun ray touch my skin for a minute .

My mother treated me almost like a Princess . Full of special treatments. 

•••

Jan : There you go .

He said and stopped from running .

Catching our breaths, while resting on the River's aesthetic view , I can already feel his stares on me .

Jan : Beautiful , isn't ?

He asked still looking at me , and I just look at him for a split of second , then look away again from his sunshine smile  to focus on the fantastic view in front of me.

Cindy : Seems like the whole Cambridge , except me , have seen this already and they are just passing by this amazing view like nothing .

I said and took a long sigh. 

Cindy : How come a Noble man like you was allowed to go out in the market like a normal person , when my father was just a Doctor and ...

Cindy : Can't do what I want . I'm jealous .

I continue and look down.

Jan : Don't be .

Jan : You're still lucky on not carrying a heavy pressure at your back and forth . Cambridge lies on my back , my family's pride on my chest . It's hard to stand straight because of those loads .

Jan : My family's expectations sucks the most .

He said ,still smiling , but obviously holds the agony behind it.  Then he took a deep breath before saying...

Jan : That's why I like staying here in this place. 

Jan : Just like what you've said , people already get used to it and don't care to sit and watch the view anymore .

Jan : Here, I am away from them .

He said looking at sky .

Cindy : Thank you. 

I said out of the blue .

Jan : For what ?

Cindy : Comforting me .

Cindy : I thought my life was already the worst.

I said and he chuckled. 

Jan : You're such an innocent lady. 

He said and pinch my cheeks. No one had ever done that to me. I feel strange , but I like it .

"Young lady!"

Someone suddenly screamed behind us , so I look back and saw my nanny .

Nanny : Where did you go ,huh?

She said almost touching the ground while catching her breath, but automatically stand straight when Jan look at her way and bow down.

Nanny : Ah- Your honorable. 

She said and Jan lightly bow back to greet her with a smile.

Nanny : Your Hon. if you just don't mind , can I excuse this lady for a while ?

She said and take me a bit far from Jan.

Cindy : What's the matter ?

Nanny : Your father's driver is looking for you a while ago . You need to go back in the mansion now.

Cindy : What ? I thought I can stay until six ?

I said disappointedly. 

Nanny : ah---

Jan : You need to leave already ? Do you want me to take you home ?

He said and look around , then raise his hand, like calling for someone. 

And within a second , a car is already approaching us. 

Jan : It seems urgent.  Let me give you ride.

He said and I'm still thinking of my answer when nanny already bow down and drag me inside the car. 

I wonder what's the matter now .

It could be anything , but please not my marriage.