Chapter 15

He planned to stay in the hotel near the Duke's mansion to reach Cindy fastly, and meet her more often that's why he rushed out of their house in the middle of the night and told his nanny that she'll be away for three days. Three days. Just three days...and he'll move on. He just want not to regret everything in three days.

"I don't know what are you thinking, but I know you know when to stop." Those words from the Duke can't stop coming inside his head.

Jan: When to stop?

He whispered to himself and took a long sigh before walking out of the mansion.

---Time skip---

"What a wrong timing, isn't ?"

His cousin, Leo, asked but his honorable didn't answer for a moment, still trying to put all his words together.

The wedding is getting closer and closer, and Leo is invited to witness the union of the two, but also, he's aware that his cousin is not feeling well toward this situation. Leo is the closest cousin he have, almost like a brother. He told him about what he feels about the marriage and Leo knew that it's something serious, for his honorable offered him a drink. "Jhansen Jacobs is not the type of man that would drink, not even occasionally, but knowing that he likes to drink because a girl. He might be seriously hurting." He thought while looking at his sober cousin.

Jan: Not really. 

Leo: What do you mean not really? 

Jan : *sigh* Timing isn't the one to blame. It was just... we are really not made for each other.

Leo: Does...does fighting against the odds never came into your mind? Even just for once? Cause who knows? You could have had her if only you did .

Jan: I did. I tried it. But nothing happened. I even regret doing that because it's so selfish. I feel like I just did that for my own sake. I feel like...I just thought of my own happiness and didn't consider how it would affect her.

He said and paused for a drink.

Jan:  Regardless of when and how you met someone, if you're not for each other, then you're really not for each other. I can't ask, nor force her to run with me, cause that would just probably make her life more harder.

Jan : Being locked up inside their house was already a hard thing for her. I don't want to make her experience something more complicated than that.

Jan: The fact that she became part of my life is already enough for me. I mean more than enough for a second choice like me.

He said and chuckle.

Jan: it hurts a lot, but I must endure it. Time will heal my wounds.

He added and pour another round to his glass.

But his cousin was amazed. Instead of cursing the world, he still able to be grateful on everything that happened. It was the young man Jhansen Jacobs thing that everyone would admire and adore.

"My life feels like a movie. A lot of stupid events keeps on coming. I can just tie my shoelaces that day in the train station so that I won't be able to see her, but nothing stopped me from looking at her direction. I wish that also happens when I want my father to buy me a cotton candy that day we visited the park when I was a kid. I wish the vendor saw us and offer us what he's selling so that I can also enjoy cotton candy just like the other kids in the park. Simple things that can just never happened, but still happened, just like in the movies." His honorable thought.

----The next day-----

Two days left and his lord, Jay Williams, and young lady, Cindy Smith's life's will start to change. Leaving in one roof will surely be hard for them, but there's nothing to worry, that's what their parents always say.

Cindy: is everything alright?

She asked when she saw his lord, looking problematic.

Jay: Ah ...yes. Don't worr---

Cindy: You look worried.

Cindy: Since you received a call from that girl.

She added and he looked down.

Jay: The thing is, my friend needs my help

Jay: But I can't do anything right now.

He said and sigh.

Cindy: Can I know what is it all about?

She tried asking, and his lord took her in his room to tell her everything about Dahlia.

Cindy: So that's why you have wounds in your fist? You punch the wall because you're upset?

She asked and he looked away.

Jay: Yes

He lied.

Cindy: Don't worry. She will be fine.

She said and hug him. She didn't thought of hugging him, but it's just what her body told her to do when she saw him looking sad.

---Time skip---

Cindy: I know it's not a big amount, but I promise to go back here again for more.

She said and hand her an envelope where she kept some money for her before she escaped the mansion.

Dahlia: Thank you so much, Miss Cindy. I don't you that much, but thank you for helping us.

She said while crying and hugging Cindy.

She can't help but to go to her place when she heard about Dahlia's situation. Since Jay isn't allowed to meet Dahlia, she asked Jhansen Jacobs to go with her in the middle of freezing weather. Surely, his honorable agreed even he knew that the Duke might know it and tell his father to keep an eye on him.  "It's better to get punch by my father than let Miss Cindy go on her own" He thought .

Dahlia: By the way, I can't go to your wedding, but here.

She said and give her a present.

Dahlia: That's all I can give in return to your kindness.

She said and Cindy opened it.

Dahlia: My lord, Jay, loves homemade foods, so I thought it'll be nice to give you a cooking book and a pot.

She said and smile at Cindy.

Dahlia: The last time he came here in my shop, he told me that he's finally getting married.

Dahlia: I know he's someone who doesn't like the idea of marriage, but when he came here, smiling and looking excited, I knew he found his love already.

She said, telling her story with a smile plastered on her face.

Dahlia: I badly wanted to meet you, but you stayed inside the car and didn't came here. You two are on a rush as well, so I thought maybe in your wedding day I can finally see and thank you.

Cindy: Thank me for what?

Dahlia: For changing his mind.

She said and chuckle.

Dahlia: I thought he'll never think of getting married anymore, but suddenly...he wanted it so badly. Thanks to you.

Dahlia: He's absolutely more kind and soft than you think. He deserves a lot of  love and happiness in this world. Please take care of him always.

She said and tears escaped her eyes.