Chapter 18

•••
One week after the wedding
•••

Cindy's POV:

Cindy: Where is he?

I whispered to myself after searching for him in his office. I just woke up and freshen up when I notice that he don't seem working at the room next to us. He usually opens the cassette before starting his paperworks. It's the first thing I got used to since we started living together, so it's a little odd not waking up in the songs he always play every morning.

Cindy: Jay?

I called for him while walking toward the living room, but I got stop when I heard a sizzling sound from the kitchen and smell something delicious, smells like coming home from a long trip and back to your parents' house. It's giving me that kind of vibe that made my heart flutter.

Cindy: What are you--

Jay: Oh, you woke up earlier than I expected. Good morning~

He said and smile.

Cindy: Tsk, cooking is the only thing I can do for you, and now you're stealing it too?

I said cause I feel like there's nothing more I can do for him since the day we got married.

Jay: I told you. I don't need to be served. I didn't get a wife to take care of me.

He said and put the foods on a plate.

I just watched every single move he does and I think, I can now see what did Dahlia had told me. Jay Williams is someone who deserves all the love on Earth. He was sometimes misunderstood by many, but he's kind and soft, such a precious person to keep.

Cindy: Sorry

I whispered unintentionally. That was supposed to be just on my mind, but emotions made me voice it out.

Jay: for what?

He then asked, so I have no choice but to explain myself.

Cindy: That you have to bear with me and to all my troubles before the wedding. I was so confused and--

Jay: When I was arranged for the first time and my family told me to marry someone I don't even know, I acted like I am the worst so that her family will cancel the wedding.

Jay: On the second time, I also did the same, but more extreme. The family even questioned my credibility at that time because I came to the point that I have to ruin our partnership with their family business so that everything will be a mess and they'll cancel the wedding.

Jay: But on the third time... All I did is to impress even your nanny.

He said and chuckle.

Cindy: I know. She said that you're sending her family lots of good snacks .

I replied and can't help but to smile.

Jay: You're the proof that I am not against arrange marriage after all.

Jay: I don't mind if you don't like me even now. I understand. I'm actually thankful that you gave me a chance. For staying.  For not running away just like what I did to the first two ladies I was supposed to marry forcedly.

He said and I hugged him.

Cindy: I came to you, not forcedly. I came by choice.

I said and hug him tighter.

Cindy: I still have a lot of things to tell you.

Jay: Like what?

Cindy: Like when I realize that I've seen you already in the ranch before we met at the Market. My grandmother told me at the wedding day that you came before to meet me but I'm in my room so you didn't bother me anymore.

I said and he let go of my hug.

Jay: Really? You sure you saw me?

He said looking like a five year old boy who discovered something interesting.

Cindy: haha yes. I saw you with your friend. You're riding a horse. Not close enough to see you face, but now that I know you already, I can confirm that it's really you.

I said and I can see happiness in his eyes.

Cindy: And that day at the market...

I said and pause cause I don't think I still have to say this. It makes me shy so much.

Jay: Which day? The first time we met? Or ...

He tried guessing and wait for me to continue.

Cindy: Never mind. Let's eat.

I said living him in cliffhanger, so he look at me with his "You have to continue it or else I'll force you" look.

Cindy: I like you a little

I said fastly and eat sandwich, but as expected, he started teasing me.

Jay: Is that meeean--

Cindy: Let's eat.

I said to cut his words, but his smile while looking at me without even blinking makes me laugh.

Cindy: Stop it Jay Williams.

Jay: No, Cindy Williams, you have to explain.

He said and I felt butterflies in my stomach hearing his last name attached on my first name.

End of POV

•••

"Miss Stacey, you should eat now." Her maid said but the young lady remains sitting beside her room's window and looking from afar. She heard about His Honorable's announcement and she's been wondering how he's feeling right now.

Stacey: It must be tough for him.

She whispered, thinking about His Honorable's feelings.

" Miss Stacey, your mother will get mad if she came back and you still haven't eaten any of your meals." She said worriedly, so Stacey stand up and stared eating her foods.

" Young lady, stop thinking about someone who don't even care if you're eating right at the moment." Her servant said and took a sigh.

•••

"Your Honorable, we should go now." His driver said while he's staring at the corner of the street, reminiscing that early morning when Cindy and him saw a little lonely flower on the sidewalk. He still can't believe that... that is just nothing but a memory now.

" They said, our life is like a long ride of ups and downs, but on the long road I am riding, you're that little flower that made me stop and enjoy life for a moment. It took me hundred of miles to see you on the sidewalk. I wish I could just stop and stare at you my whole life, but I have a car to ride. I can't stop in the middle of the road just to look at you. You distracted me, but I'm fine with it." Jhansen Jacobs thought

Jan: Let's go.

He said and close his eyes as he lean on his chair and can't stop thinking how he's going to live his life now after deciding to step back on his position and move in America to start a business.

Some are starting to know each other, while some are starting a new life.