the first

₍ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ₎ ★ ⁺ ˖˚ ~

"Hey Jen," Renjun sits beside him on the bench as they watch their friends skate around the park. "you're not joining them?" Renjun asks and Jeno shakes his head.

"No, I'm a bit tired." Jeno sighs, feeling a bit regretful since he wanted to skate with his friends too. "What about you?"

"I can't skate, remember?" Renjun chuckles as Chenle waves at them enthusiastically. "Plus, I'll probably just slip and land on my ass." He waves back.

"How's it going with Yang?" Jeno chugs down his water, feeling refreshed when he feels the cool wind brush his skin.

"The usual, he doesn't seem to be messaging me that often though." Renjun responds, clear gloom laced in his words—though he doesn't make it as obvious.

"Probably just busy again.." His friend sighs but quickly brushes it off. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Jeno hums in confusion but immediately understands when Renjun points at Jaemin. "Oh."

"Nothing much changed," Jeno smiles as Jaemin takes out his phone to take pictures of Chenle and Jisung together. "he's a lot better than before though."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I know you've known him longer than me but," Renjun turns to Jeno. "can you continue staying by his side?" He gives him a small smile.

"I can tell Nana's happier when he's with you." 

Jeno hums in agreement as he glances at Jaemin and his two other friends skating back to them giddily.

I'll always be with you.

"Jun hyung, you can't believe what Chenle said!" Jisung pouts and crosses his arms dramatically whilst Chenle just coos at him.

"What did he say this time?" Renjun snickers as he stands up and places his arms on both Chenle and Jisung's shoulders.

While their friends chat away and walk further ahead, Jaemin decides to sit beside Jeno instead.

"Nono," Jaemin calls, taking out a few pieces of candy from his pocket. "do you want some?" Jaemin asks and Jeno nods.

"Thanks." Jeno takes two and unwraps one, plopping it into his mouth after. "Are you free tomorrow?" He decides to ask.

"Hm, yeah!" Jaemin giggles. "Mom and dad are going to be away for a few days again." Jaemin states as Jeno nods.

"Let's go somewhere tomorrow then," Jeno suggests as he stands up, holding out a hand for Jaemin to take. "just the two of us."

"Alright," Jaemin accepts and holds onto Jeno's hand as he stands up. "where though?" They head to their friends that weren't too far ahead.

"The amusement park," Jeno feels himself smile and his heart racing a bit when Jaemin interlocks their fingers. "I've only went there once before."

"Once?! You mean that time at the field trip?" Jaemin gasps as Jeno nods. "Wow, you're missing out, Lee Jeno." He huffs out as Jeno just giggles at his cuteness.

"I'll meet you at ten, is that fine?" Jeno reminds himself that Jaemin tends to sleep in a bit more on weekends.

"Mhm," Jaemin sways their hands slightly. "I'm gonna show you all the best rides!"

"I hope you can lead the way then, Captain Na." Jeno snorts as Jaemin pouts, but soon later chuckles to himself when he sees their friends doing one of their weird antics again.

"I'll be happy to."