the eighth

₍ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ₎ ★  ⁺ ˖˚ ~

"Nono," Jaemin glances up and flashes Jeno a pleased smile. "this is so good! We should bring the others here some time." He giggles as Jeno nods in agreement.

"It's getting late already so you better hurry up." Jeno chuckles as he takes a final bite of his red velvet slice, drinking the rest of his latte after.

"Not fair," Jaemin huffs his cheeks as he continues eating. "I wanted to take it slow so I could cherish this moment.." He sighs as he hastily drinks his latte, looking at the buildings and cars below them.

Me too, Jaemin, me too.

"Don't worry, I'll take you here again next time, hm?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

𖦆

After Jaemin had finished and cleaned up their table, they took the sketchbooks and materials and placed it down.

"We didn't get to talk much about the movie so," Jeno grabs a pencil and hands it over to Jaemin. "how about we draw one of the characters we like and talk about it?" Jeno chuckles joyfully when Jaemin's eyes light up.

"Junnie teached me how to draw, so this'll be easy." Jaemin boasts and starts to sketch, Jeno follows after.

Whilst Jaemin is all giggling over his drawing, Jeno is having a hard time concentrating.

It also doesn't help that Jaemin, the person he likes the most, the one he has a crush on, is right in front of him being all smiley and alluring.

That's when he realizes that, rather than drawing a character from the movie, he instead draws Jaemin.

He stares at the drawing and glances up at Jaemin, eyeing all his beautiful features as he tries sketching them out.

Jaemin's pretty brown hair, his big enticing doe eyes and fluttering long lashes.

His adorable nose and his soft, plump lips that Jeno wants to ki—

"Jen?" Jaemin breaks Jeno out of his thoughts and takes note of his confused face.

"Huh? Y-Yeah?" He nervously laughs, not realizing that he's actually been staring at Jaemin for too long until now.

"You were just staring at me," Jaemin pouts. "do I look weird or something?"

"Of course not!" Jeno shakes his head as he responds. "You were just really pretty and I couldn't help it—"

Oh.

Silence fills the air as Jaemin looks at Jeno stunned, the other looking awfully embarrassed as well.

"O-Oh.." Jaemin flushes as he plays with his pencil. "Thanks." Jaemin adds and Jeno nods shyly, berating himself in his mind.

There was a few seconds of silence again but the younger immediately breaks it.

"You—You're pretty too!" Jaemin suddenly exclaims, making it Jeno's turn to be stunned.

"Oh I—T-Thank you.." Jeno chuckles as he rubs his nape, awkwardly trying to avert each other's gaze.

"So uh—are you done yet?" Jaemin asks, pointing at his sketchbook. "Let's show it to each other now!" Jaemin giggles when he sees Jeno nod.

"On the count of three okay? One,"

"two,"

"three!"

They both show their drawings to each other, and they both gasp when they realize they drew each other.

"I—I kind of forgot the characters so I just," Jaemin explains nervously as he gestures to, basically nothing. "you know, drew you.. Instead.."

"I look pretty hot." Jeno jokes as he examines Jaemin's drawing of him, not noticing the younger's red flushed face.

"That's because you are—"

"What?"

"N-Nothing! You heard nothing.."

Jeno giggles as he pats Jaemin's head gently, only then does he notice how red Jaemin is.

Oh?