the fourth

₍ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ₎ ★ ⁺ ˖˚ ~

🦊 ⁺ ˖˚﹫ !
Renjun POV ☆〝

"Yang?" Renjun sighs anxiously as he waits for Yangyang to speak up when he dials his number.

"Hi Injun, what's up?" Yangyang finally speaks and Renjun feels even more nervous and anxious.

Yangyang doesn't call Renjun 'Injun' anymore, he only ever calls him that when they first started dating—and that was 4 years ago.

He feels like they've been becoming more distant with how Yangyang doesn't call or text him that much anymore, unlike when he usually does everyday back then.

"Are you busy these days?" Renjun sits on his bed and glances at the pictures of them together that were framed on the wall of Renjun's room.

"Hm, not really," Renjun hears a few people talking in the background from over the phone. "why?"

"It's just," Renjun takes a deep breath before continuing. "you haven't been messaging or calling me that much anymore.. I got worried." He sighs deeply.

"Oh," Yangyang pause for a few seconds. "sorry."

Is that all you can say..? ..Sorry?

"It—It's fine—"

"Actually, I have something to tell you." Yangyang's voice laced with disappointment as he sighs.

No, no, no it can't be.

"W-What is it?" Renjun tries to stop himself from crying, not wanting to seem so emotional.

"I'm seeing someone else, Jun."

"D-Does that—that mean.. y-you're breaking up with..me?"

Renjun couldn't hold himself back anymore as his tears ran down his cheeks, he couldn't believe it was happening so soon.

He thought that they were fine, that they were happy, that they were perfect for each other.

That they would never leave each other's sides.

But maybe, Yangyang thinks the opposite, he thought as he sobbed.

"I'm sorry."

"C-Can I at least—see you one last time, please?"

No response.

"Yang, please, don't do this to me."

"Goodbye, Renjun."

'Beep! Beep! Beep..'

"Yangyang.." He cries out, feeling a sharp pain in his chest as he couldn't breathe properly.

It was game over, Yangyang was gone.

He left.

"Hey Junnie? You didn't answer me so I—" Donghyuck softly gasps and runs up to Renjun after he sees him crying uncontrollably on his bed.

"H-Hyuck..?" Renjun sniffles, tears still falling and his eyes puffy. "W-Wha—"

"Shh," Donghyuck gets up on his bed and engulfs Renjun in a heartwarming hug, Renjun accepts it. "just let it all out."

"Dong.. hyuck—" Renjun sobs, gripping on Donghyuck's shoulder tightly after he wraps his arms around him. "Yangyang.. He—he broke up.. w-with me."

Donghyuck doesn't respond as he just strokes Renjun's hair and soothes his back, he just listens as Renjun cries.

𖦆

"Are you feeling better now?" Donghyuck gives him a cup filled with tea as Renjun hums.

"Thank you.." Renjun stares at the cup, still feeling a bit in disbelief and shock.

He didn't expect things to end so quickly, he didn't expect for it to happen so suddenly.

He didn't expect any of this.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that," Renjun laughs, though it was quite gloomy. "I probably look like such a loser now." His grip on the cup gets harder as he sniffles.

"You're not a loser Jun," Donghyuck sits beside him as Renjun sips on his tea slowly. "it's fine to be emotional, it's understandable." He smiles as he strokes Renjun's hair.

"I thought we were doing good," Renjun sighs. "I thought he was happy with me.."

It's all my fault.

Was he not enough? Did Yangyang get tired of him so he found someone else?

He admits that at times, they would argue and fight about simple things—but they would always end up making up after, so what went wrong?

Was it that he was too boring? Too serious?

"Hey, it's not your fault okay?"

"What?" Renjun turns to him.

"I can tell that's what you're thinking," He ruffles Renjun's hair as Renjun pouts slightly. "but just know, you are enough okay?"

"You don't have to change yourself for anyone, just be, you."

Donghyuck leans closer to him.

"You're perfect the way you are,"

He moves Renjun's bangs away delicately.

"Huang Renjun."

He places a soft kiss on Renjun's forehead and smiles but immediately blushes in embarrassment when he sees Renjun looking at him in a daze.

"Oh I—Sorry, I just thought.. Wait—are you crying?!" Donghyuck panics when Renjun suddenly bursts into tears again but this time,

he's laughing so happily and it makes Donghyuck just stare in confusion.

"Thank you Hyuck, it means a lot." Renjun wraps his arms around Donghyuck's waist and hugs him warmly whilst he smiles.

"My pleasure."