the tenth

₍ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ₎ ★ ⁺ ˖˚ ~

🐶 ⁺ ˖˚﹫ !
Jeno POV ☆〝

"Uh hey, Jeno—" Jaemin taps on Jeno's shoulder reluctantly. "Do you wanna go to an arcade after class?"

"Hm," Jeno looks at his notebook and closes it after. "sure." He nods and Jaemin's eyes light up in joy.

"Great! See you later Jen!" Jaemin waves him off goodbye as he skips to his classroom.

Does he..?

𖦆

"Hyung, where are you going?" Jisung asks as he looks at Jeno who's quickly packing his things now that their last class had ended early.

"Jaemin's." He simply responds back, not wasting any time and runs to Jaemin's classroom.

Once he reaches the room, he peeks through the window and sees Jaemin attentively listening to their teacher as he writes down notes.

"Hey, what're you—Jeno?"

Jeno turns behind him and sees Mark, standing in front of him, very confused.

"Oh, hi.. Mark.." He awkwardly laughs, not really wanting to talk to him right now.

Mark stood there for a few seconds before leaving to go down the stairs, Jeno lets out a sigh right after and focuses on Jaemin instead.

Though with that he kind of gotten distracted by what the students in the hallway were doing so Jaemin already leaving the classroom went unnoticed by him.

"Jen?" Jeno jumps at the sudden call of his name and turns toward Jaemin who's just smiling.

"O-Oh, you're done already?" Jeno chuckles nervously before quickly grabbing Jaemin's backpack and holding it himself. "I'll hold this for you."

God, why am I so awkward? What happened to me—

"You know, you didn't have to do that." Jaemin giggles as he holds Jeno's hand, interlocking his fingers with Jeno's.

It had become a norm for them to start holding each other's hands, Jeno doesn't quite know how it started but he was happy that Jaemin was comfortable in doing so.

"Why do you keep staring at our hands?" Jaemin asks, making Jeno realize that he had been staring at them the entire time. "Are you uncomfortable—"

"No, no, I'm not uncomfortable." Jeno retorts, squeezing Jaemin's hand for reassurance. "It just makes me happy, that's all." He smiles at Jaemin.

"..It makes me happy too."

𖦆

"I'm a bit annoyed that you're still better than me at this.." Jaemin huffs out, pouting when Jeno laughs.

"Well," Jeno sighs in relief when the claw catches a Samoyed plushie. "I did practice a lot." He smiles when he grabs the plushie out of the compartment.

"Here, you said I look like a Samoyed." He throws it lightly to Jaemin and he catches it.

"Why are you giving this to me though?" Jaemin squishes it gently.

"Just because." Jeno shrugs as he puts in another coin to play.

And of course, Jeno catches another plush, this time a bunny.

"I swear, this thing is always rigged when I play it!" Jaemin pouts as he engulfs his plush in a hug.

"This is mine," Jeno grabs the bunny and giggles. "now we have plushies of each other." He recalls all the times their friends had called Jaemin a bunny because he looks like one.

"Thank you, Nono!" Jaemin leans toward Jeno to give him a kiss on the cheek and smiles, that is, before he realized he just actually did that.

"Ah—Uh, t-thanks again.." Jaemin glances down at their shoes as he plays with the Samoyed's cute little paws.

They've kissed each other's cheeks before so what makes it different now? What made Jaemin go shy because of it?

Do you, perhaps, like me too?