the fourteenth

₍ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ₎ ★ ⁺ ˖˚ ~

🐰 ⁺ ˖˚﹫ !
Jaemin POV ☆〝

A few days had passed by quickly, with how Jaemin and Jeno both confessed to each other on that day, they decided to take it slow for Jaemin to figure things out.

Jaemin knows he's stupid, stupid for not realizing anything until now.

His best friend Jeno, who's been liking Jaemin for, who knows how long—

had been taking him on dates, expressing his love to him more and giving him everything he's always wanted without even telling Jeno.

He's confused, to say the least, but he knows he's beginning to like Jeno even more.

Jeno's always been someone attractive, even more prettier than him, Jaemin thinks.

He's also very caring and sweet, noting how he always tends to help out him and his friends no matter what, how he was always the one who people admired for his kindness.

He's not so sure what to feel really, he should be hating Mark for leading him on like that—but he can't.

He knows how kind Mark is, he knows how he wouldn't have done that with ill intentions, Mark is anything but bad.

And to his surprise, he's never expected for Mark to ask him to talk directly.

Though, maybe it isn't that bad as he thought it would be.

Mark had asked him to meet at the park after school—once he got there, the older was already sitting on the bench as he focuses his attention on his phone.

When Jaemin sat beside him—with still bit of a gap between them—Mark immediately turns off his phone and gives Jaemin a small wave.

"Nana," Mark huffs out, feeling hesitant but Jaemin nods at him to continue. "I'm sorry for everything." He sighs, rubbing his own arm nervously.

As much as he wanted to cry right there and yell at him for hurting him and himself, he didn't want to, he couldn't.

He was never the type to yell at anyone even when he was mad, he wants to hearMark out first.

He wants him to tell him why, why he did it.

What was the reason?

"I'm so sorry, what I did to you and Hyuck was really shit of me." Mark lowers his head, his grip on his phone getting tighter.

"I didn't want you to feel bad about me turning down your offers," Mark takes a deep breath before continuing and Jaemin just lets him talk. "so I.. I lead you on."

"But now I realized how fucked up that is," He turns his head towards Jaemin who's eyes are welling up with tears. "I also realized how much I hurt both you and Donghyuck."

"You don't have to forgive me," Mark smiles, still maintaining eye contact. "but I just hope you're happy with Jeno—no, I know you'll be happier with him."

What? How did he—

"What do.. you mean?"

"I can see how you stare at him with heart eyes whenever you two hang out," Mark chuckles as he glances up at the sky. "how you two just enjoy laughing and smiling with each other," He stops for a brief moment before continuing, smiling at Jaemin.

"like you're in your own world."

Maybe, now he was sure—No, now he's very sure,

he likes Jeno.

"I wish you the best of luck Jaemin," Mark slowly stands up as he sighs in relief. "take care of yourself, okay?" He smiles one last time when Jaemin nods.

"T-Thank you, Mark." Jaemin wipes his tears away when he waves Mark one last goodbye before the other walks away.

"You're welcome."