Introduction🤗

The sun was taking a rest behind the clouds, tired trying to wake her up

The sun was taking a rest behind the clouds, tired trying to wake her up. Her mother too went to work after all those n number of tries. Priya woke up from her bed to face the clock, which struck 10 in the morning. She went to the kitchen, dragging herself along the way towards the fridge. There was a note stuck on its door saying, "Don't you dare eat without brushing!!". "As if the world would end if I ate first," she groaned and came back after brushing. After having breakfast, she rode to her college in her Vespa.

The engine stopped in the parking lot of LS Law School. Taking her bag, Priya ran to the class at the end of the second floor. Her name was being called out by her professor for attendance. "PRESENT, MA'AM," she declared, coming into the class and walking to her desk, gasping for air.

"Is this the time you come to college? And who asked you to go and sit? Get out!!" The middle-aged woman yelled on the verge of her eyes falling out. "Sorry Ma'am" Priya packed her bag again without even a slight bit of remorse. "Look at her! Doesn't even care to explain. Why were you late?" Priya, leaving the class, turned around with a grin and said, "I slept in."

Once again starting the engine, Priya rode to the nearby cafe and ordered a cup of black coffee with a hint of sugar in it. As she works on her research paper, her phone lights up with the caller ID "Dumbo💗" in it.

The voice from the other side yells through the phone as soon as Priya picks up the call. "Why did you leave like an idiot? What about your attendance? Do you think you can leave as you wish?"

Priya took a deep breath and said, "Calm down, darling! I have attendance. Then why care if I sit there or not? Relax!" as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Attendance ok. But how about the classes?" The voice asked with utmost impatience.

Priya leaned forward, adjusted her glasses, and asked, "Deepika! Do you understand even a bit of what she's teaching?"

"No..." The answer, which Priya very well knew, Deepika said, shaking her head

"Exactly!!" Priya banged her fists on the table as if she won at Subway Surfers.

"Whatever! You won't listen to me anyway. Where are you now?" Deepika asked, knowing the answer to her question.

"RK Cafe... working on my research paper." Priya's words came out muffled as she forced inside her mouth a whole cupcake.

"Ohh... I have something to tell you... But don't get angry, okay?" Deepika started with a lot of uneasiness in her voice.

"Don't tell me something that would anger me, okay?" Priya answered, wiggling her pencil between her fingers resting on the couch.

"Fine! So... There's this family coming to see you in the evening for alliance... Your mom asked me to say this to you today." Deepika almost whispered the second sentence.

"What the hell! And also, Why didn't you both tell me this this evening? It would have been an apt time, right?" Priya almost yelled in shock, jolting up from the couch.

"Sorry, Ammu ma... If we had told you earlier, would you agree to it?" Deepika said, trying to prove her point.

"You think I would agree to it now? You can't force me on something I don't want, Deepika!" Priya snapped with utmost irritation.

"Ok! See the guy and tell no. Simple. This will be the first and last time. It'll not be nice if you are not there, Ammu." Deepika suggested, with a bulb glowing above her head.

********

The clouds were busy waking up the sun, while the rooster was early and waiting for it to wake up soon. The city of Chennai was still asleep, except for the paper and milk vendors with their cycles. On the first-floor balcony was Vikram working out. The door swung open. The lady, who appears to be in her 30s, walked in with a cup of coffee in her hand, and her wet hair down.

"Coffee!!" Vikram went jumping to his mother like a kid while she took a step back and said, "You can drink this later! First, go take a bath. I have ironed your uniform and kept it in the cupboard. Get ready and come down fast!

"Yes ma'am. You go down. I'll be there in 5 minutes," Vikram said, walking his mom to the door of his room.

"Take your time. But don't come down without taking a bath. And please don't spray that stinky perfume of yours!" She said going out after keeping the coffee on the side table.

Seeing his mother go, Vikram drank the coffee in a gulp before going to take a bath.

Vikram came down the teak wood stairs in his neat uniform. The smell of his chocolate cologne filled the air. He sat on the second chair with his younger sister, Aditi, on the right.

"Anna!! Amma has something to say to you, it seems..." She said stuffing the third idli into her mouth.

"Yeah, da... Come home soon this evening. We have to go there by 5 p.m.," Vikram's mother said, serving upma on his plate.

"To which temple? Wait! Why is she having idli while there's upma on my plate?" Vikram raised his voice by a decibel. He snapped his head towards his mother, who stood next to him.

"Because I made it. And we're not going to any temple." She said, "We're going to see a girl for you." She dragged the chair and sat next to him with the same upma in her plate. "She's a good girl, da. The family is great too."

"Ma, you say the same about every girl you see," Vikram stressed while he was contemplating whether to eat the upma or not.

"But she's not like others. Come and see. If you don't like her, say no." Vikram's mother, Lakshmi, said, stroking her son's hand resting on the table.

"A NO definitely!" Priya and Vikram each had their own thoughts. Priya decided to order another cup of coffee. Vikram drove to the commissioner's office to begin his duty.

Hey my hot chocolates,

Hope you guys are safe and healthy ❤️ Please show your support by voting and commenting as it boosts me up to write more. Don't be a silent reader❤️

With love,
~Nila 💜🌙

1069 words