Birthday 🎂

Hey guys!!! I'm back!!! Sorry for not updating for nearly half a month. And thank you so much for your 650+ votes and 6.22k reads. And I'm in love with your inline comments... I'm eager to see more. So without any further delay, Let's get into the story!!!

Author's POV

It was already 11:30  PM when Vikram dropped Priya at her house after dinner. Priya stood at her balcony thinking about today's incidents and watching the moon peeking from behind the fluffy clouds after her warm bath. When she was about to go to bed, she heard her mother, Shanti's voice.

"Priya!!! How many times should I tell you not to throw your bag on the sofa? Come! Come down and pick your bag!!!" She yelled from the living room. 

"Maa... I just came back and it's midnight for god's sake!!!!" Priya replied climbing down the stairs only to witness every one of her close ones, i.e., Shanti ma, Thaatha, Varun, Deepika, Gautam and their family, Lakshmi ma, Arunachalam uncle, Aditi and last but not the least Her DCP, Her Vikram. He stood in the centre with a cake in his hand while others sang the Birthday song when the clock struck 12. 

Priya was surprised that everyone was there for her and looked at Vikram who was grinning wide from ear to ear.

"Thank you so much, everyone. But, Vikram I do remember telling you that I don't like celebrating birthdays." Priya said raising her eyebrows at Vikram.

"I do remember and cutting a cake won't come under celebration. It won't hurt to cut this cake right? And we all are damn hungry. So, please do the honours m'lady" Vikram said bowing down gesturing Priya to cut the cake.

"Ok, I don't like keeping anyone hungry so, my dear, please move," She said getting the knife from him and bending down to cut the cake. She fed everyone except Vikram as she thought to tease him a bit.

Priya fed a cake piece to Aditi who was before Vikram and looked at the plate only to realise that it was the last piece. She looked at Vikram and he gave her a 'for me?🥺' look.

Lakshmi ma and Shantima interrupted their moment asking everyone to sleep. Everyone along with disappointed Vikram went to sleep.

______________

Priya woke up at 7 got ready in a light coloured half saree and decorated her loose hair with jasmine.

She came down and saw all the men cooking in the kitchen and all the ladies watching TV leisurely.

She smiled at the role reversal and hugged her grandfather from the back.

"What darling? Why this sudden role reverse?" She asked her old boyfriend.

"Everyone has gathered, right? That's why. You quickly go to the temple with Vikram, Varun, Aditi and Deepika and come. Your breakfast will be ready within that.  Hurry up!!" He said and patted her cheeks to which she nodded her head and grabbed the boys before going to the living room.