The Ponnu Paakura Moment😘

TITLE MEANING: THE MOMENT OF SEEING THE BRIDE (OR) PELLI CHOOPLU

Priya's POV

     Oh hi!! You guys are back after a week? It's already 8 PM. Let me tell you guys what happened today. As always, I got ready and went to college. It went as usual by listening to lectures and stuff. When I came home just before an hour, Shanthi ma was waiting for me to talk about something important.

   I was able to decipher it from her expression. She would always be happy and cheerful, unlike today. Her expression was something serious. She said she will start seeing alliances for me. Come on, I'm just in my 4th year of college. I know that I said that I like marriage, more precisely an arranged marriage. But still, I did not expect this to happen this soon. But see who I am arguing with. My mother. Shantima, Mrs Stubborn. I know that she is so stubborn but I am her daughter. Won't I be more stubborn than her? So I told her not to talk about my marriage for the next two years if I say no to this alliance. Thank God she agreed to it.

     I came up and got freshened. Now, I'm lying on my bed, thinking about that boy who is visiting our house tomorrow. Whenever I get confused or depressed about something, I would immediately open it up to others. Mostly to Deepika. She is my go-to go place. I called her and she picked it up on the first ring as if she was waiting for my call.

Deepika/Priya

"Hey, ennadi? Takkunu eduthuta? Call pannalaamnu irundhiya enna?" (Hey, what's up? Were you about to call me? You picked my call in the first ring?)

"Adhu... Seri nee eddhuku call panna sollu." (That... Ok, tell me why did you call me?)

I explained to her what happened just now.

"Habbadi, neeye othukitta naan unna convince Panna vendam😌!!" (Uff!! Thank god you accepted. Or else, I would have struggled to convince you😌)

"Nee convince pannuviya? Enna soldrel?"  (You would convince me? What are you talking about?)

"Adhuva, illa aunty actually unkitta soldrathuku munnadi enkitta dhaan sonnaanga. Naane unkitta pesalaam nu irundhen😅" (Actually, Auntie told me about this before talking to you. I was about to discuss it with you)

"Dhrogi😒.... Seri, naalaiku varavana pathi details sollen😋 " (Traitor.... Ok, tell me about the guy who is coming tomorrow. )

"Details ah? Yaaro edhuku ippove varaanga naan no dhaan solla poren nu sonnaanga🤔" (Details? Someone asked me why are they hurrying with this and also said she was gonna say no.)

"Eyy!! Mooditu soldri" (Shut up and tell)

"About him? Hmmm🤔🤔... Selavu aagume paravaalaiya?" (About him? You have to bribe me. Ok?)

"Seri Di, day after tomorrow nee kaetadhu Ellam vaangi tharen. Podhuma. Ippo sollu" (OK, day after tomorrow, I'll buy you whatever you ask. Tell about him right now!!)

"Seri Seri nee romba request pandradhu naala soldren. His name is Vikram. He is a police officer. Idhu mattum dhaan enakku theriyum. Epdi irupaanga nu kekaadha. Naanum paakala. Venumna aunty kitta poi kelu🤭" (Ok, ok. I am saying about him just because you are requesting this much. His name is Vikram and he is a police officer. Don't ask me about his looks. Even I didn't see his pic still. If you want to see him that badly, you can go and ask about him to your mother.)

"Ayyayo Amma kittaiya!! Vendam Saami 🙏 Naan adhuku summa ve irukuren" (To my mother? No for god's sake)

Vikram? That's a good name though. I didn't expect them to come tomorrow. But... I'm still excited 😅
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

End of Priya's POV

Author's POV

Thinking about Vikram with a little bit of nervousness and fear, Priya drifted off to sleep.

Vikram's Pov

Hey hi!! You are finally back after a week. It's 10 PM right now. I'm going back to my house after duty. I opened my house door to see something strange. My house was silent. It would always be like a fish market. But I love that fish market. As I passed through my family, all their eyes were on me as if they are seeing me for the first time. Something is fishy. There was the same vibe even during dinner.

Lakshmi/Vikram

"Deii Vikram... Namba naalaiku kaalaila 9 maniku  ponnu paaka porom da. Make yourself free tomorrow according to that time." (Vikram, We are going to see a girl at 9 AM tomorrow. Make yourself free according to that time.)

I knew. I knew that they would talk about something like this. It's the 16th girl. Won't they get tired?😩

"Maa... Aaana..." ( Maa.. but..)

"Adhu idhu laam illa. Naalaiku porom avlodhaan" (No ifs and buts. We are going tomorrow. That's all)

I looked at my father who gave me a helpless reaction 😔 He listens to his wife so well.

When I was about to sleep I heard a knock on my door. I opened my door to reveal the ultimate headache of my life. Aditi.

Vikram/Aditi

"Enna Di? Ippo Enna vaangi tharanum madam Ku 😊" (What do you want to buy right now?)

"Deii Anna unakku en Mela imbuttu paasama🥺 ippo enakku edhuvum vendaam naan aproma vaangikuren. Amma naalaiku paaka pora ponnu Peru Priya, law 4th year padikraanga nu solla sonnaanga." (My brother? Do you care about me this much?🥺 I will tell you about my shopping list later. I came to say about the girl who we are going to see tomorrow. Her name is Priya and she is studying 4th year as a law student.)

She rushed to her room after saying that because she knows how frustrated I would be when they talk about this topic. I'm fed up. Ok, let's see tomorrow. Bye👋.

End of  Vikram's Pov

Hey Pani puris,

Priya is very much excited about tomorrow while Vikram doesn't even care about it. Let's see what is going to happen and how they are going to fall in love with each other.

I'll try my best to update everyday or on alternative days.💛

Hope you guys are safe and healthy ❤️  Please show your support by voting and commenting as it boosts me up to write more. Don't be a silent reader❤️ Thank you, see you😘

With love,

Nila🌙

1063 words~