The Businessman

Usually, every subordinate and colleague except for his teammates would stand rigid in front of Vikram. And, if you look closely, they would tremble in fear and respect. Yeah, that's how Vikram was and is seen in the department. Whatever his order is, it'll be done without any other questions raised. Now, those subordinates would be happy and probably shaken. Because, Vikram is now standing in front of his superior- Venkatesh, mouth shut and hands folded. With him stood Varun and other teammates of theirs.

"Everyone is here right?" Venkatesh asked leaning back at his table.

"Yes sir!" Varun replied standing stiff.

Venkatesh: Good! So,todayI'm dividing everyone into two teams. One team are going to surveil the ministers' meeting that's going to happen tonight and the rest of you, there's a piece of information that there's going to be an arms smuggling happen tonight. You are a team of 15, right? Vikram, you with ten others, go to the ministers' meeting venue. And, Varun, Anu, take two people with you to deal with the arms dealing.

Vikram: Yes sir!

"Then nothing more, you may take your leave" Venkatesh sat on his seat opening his file. "The information about the smuggling will be forwarded to you Varun."

And with that, everyone leaves.

********

A week after Vikram and his subordinates including Varun were meeting at their usual place- a house rented at the heart of the city.

"So guys, Let me come straight to the topic of discussion today. What does a businessman have to do at a ministers' get-together?" Vikram leaned towards the table with a board full of information behind him.

"Not a formal meeting. Maybe is Sadha showing his support to them?" Asked Ajay

"Mostly yeah." Varun agreed slouching on the couch, "So, anything else from that meeting Vikram?"

"Nothing else other than everyone getting drunk." Vikram sighed stretching on the couch.

And just in time, Vikram's phone buzzed as Priya's name popped up on the display.

"Tell me ma" Vikram took ip the call sitting back.

Priya: Where are you?

Vikram: In a meeting with colleagues. Shall-

Priya: Where?

Vikram: The house where we locked up the goons. What-

Priya: Super. I'll be there in 15.

Vikram was confused af as the call went off.

"Umm... so, Ganesh how's the investigation going on with Mahendran?" He asked shifting back hi attention to the meeting.

"As we expected, he's stubborn. But, you see. We have our ways." Ganesh replied coming out of the kitchen with his cup of coffee.

After a good thirty minutes, Priya rang the doorbell with a file in her hand.

She pushed past Vikram and went straight to the living room- their discussion room.

"Hello guys!!" Priya declared keeping her bag aside on the table and spread out the few files at the table.

"What's the matter Ammu," Vikram asked closing the door.

"What is your fiance doing in OUR discussion Vik?" Ganesh asked sipping his third cup of coffee.

"I have some new info about Sadhasivam for you guys." Priya said making herself comfortable on the couch which was earlier occupied by Vikram.

"Is this what it means to be in love Vikram? Having no privacy... Even job details?