CHAPTER 3

Fresh blood is still wet in his white shirt, the nurse keeps clean the wound caused by glass shards.

"I'm fine. I need to see her now."

"Excuse me, Sir. Your friend still gets treatment with the doctor, she needs more advanced examination."

"I need the update. She will gonna be okay, right?" his sight never leaves the room which the nurse brings her in.

Mr. Fikret comes from another bed in that emergency department.

"How are you Mr. Serkan? And Ms. Eda ?"

"I'm fine, just waiting for what doctor come out from there. I can't believe this happen. How are you?" He's so upset.

"I'm fine. i feel so sorry Mr. Serkan, everything happens in my car."

"No. You don't have to. Maybe we can arrange a meeting at another time."

"Of course, I will be glad to work with you. And all this accident will be my responsibility. Please." He touch Serkan's shoulders.

"Thank you." He response to his partner kindness.

Mr. Fikret smile and leave him. The nurse already finish cleaning and cure his wound. He immediately walk through Eda's emergency room. From the small windows he can see they suturing her head and cleaning it. Suddenly he has a flashback view, he saves a brunette woman in blue suit fallen into earth digging hole. And help her came out and bring her to hospital. Her face is not so clear, so blur, but he has the same worry, same panic, same shock, same rising pulse, same fast beat, same a little breathless waiting for something.

Finally, the doctor comes out,

"Who is the relative of Ms. Eda ?"

"Me. How is she? Is she okay ?" he runs fast and panic.

"Yes. She is okay but we need to observe more when she come to her sense. We have MRI test for her. And the result is under process."

"Can I come in? I want to see her." And the doctor nodded.

With a deep inhale and exhale he entering the room. She lay on the bed beautifully, very beautiful even though she has a small bandage in her head and some wound in the corner of her lips. He feels want to cry but he doesn't know how and why because he forget about her last year. He touch her palm and rub it with his thumb. Then hold it with both of his palm together.

"I'm so sorry, Eda. If I listen to your idea, maybe this will not happen to you. Sorry." His voice trembling sound like whispering to her.

She sleep so calm and peaceful then his phone ringing, Celine name appear in the display. He move backward and speak in low voice.

Serkan where are you? Are you okay?

"Yes. I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Then why you don't come back quickly?

"I need to wait about Eda'c condition, she's....."

You don't need worry about her. She will be fine. She has a family and relatives.

"No, Celine. I invite her to come with me in this meeting. And this happen, so it will be bad if I leave her alone here."

Serkan ! I'm your fiance not her anymore ! Why you so much worry with her? Why we always like this ?

"Celine calm. This is not a big deal okay. Text me later." He hang up the phone after a small finger try to make a move and he hold her palm. And she open her eyes slowly and blink it to adjust to lighting room.

"Eda, are you okay?" he ask in a rush.

She look at him and frowning.

"Why I'm here?" she confuse and hold the bandage in her temple.

"You not remember? We have a car accident in the morning."

She keep frowning and look at him from top to toe.

"Excuse me, but who are you?"

"Heh, don't be silly, Eda. It's not funny."

She has a flat face look at him. And Serkan shakes his head from right to the left.

"Do you know what's your name?"

"Actually you call me Eda, so maybe it's my name."

"You don't remember your own name? Allah Allah, I have so much punishment."

He run to the door and call the doctor to get examine her quickly and observe her condition. The nurse and doctor come and do some examination.

"Ms. Eda do you remember what day is now?" the doctor asks

"I don't know."

"Your birth date?"

"Can't remember." She feel dizi and upset because nothing were left in her head.

"Maybe you're in shock for a moment. We will observe you tomorrow. Now get some rest and don't think too much." The doctor give advice and leave.

Serkan watch her from the corner and don't know what to do and what to say. He feel like dreaming. How will he gonna explain this to her aunt, Melo and her friends. He blaming himself because of what she's got today. Then he move closer to her bed. But she already talk first.

"Why you don't leave? Who are you?"

"I...I'm your business partner and former.." and her phone is ringing.

She answer it slowly maybe she feel bad because don't remember everyone. Serkan leave her alone during the phone call. Ceren texting him.

Serkan, when will you and Eda comeback to Istanbul?

-I don't know. What happen?

Celine held a meeting with some people from magazine without confirming to me, Engin, Phyrl. I can't do anything.

-Let's Engin report me what she did in the meeting. She didn't talk to me anything to held a meeting today.

Okay I'll see around. Keep updating no see other. I'm waiting for Eda, too.

- Iyi tamam. Let me know if she asking about the paper of her 5% shares.

Okay.

In the same time, Eda already finish talking to the phone.

"Do you need something?"

"No, maybe I want to rest. Mr....."

"Serkan. You can call me Serkan."

This is hard to believe that this woman who crying out loud few weeks ago, showing their photos, begging him to remember something about her and them, now she has the same experience like him. He want to remember everything quickly but he can't. Now she has a full of amnesia. Hope tomorrow will be better for her.

"Maybe you can go home now, Mr. Serkan. Your family are waiting."

She said with no expression, flat and of course she add a beautiful smile in the end of the words.

"No. my family is fine. Don't worry about me." He force to stay.

"No. you don't need. I'm fine here. Nothing need to worry about. The paramedic is 24 hours a day."

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Do you want to stay?"

"You don't like me to stick around here for a moment?"

"Because I'm not your kid or girlfriend, so you can relax a little at home."

"I don't have a home."

"Then you can stay in hotel." She rise her tone a little and give him deeply look.

"Maybe we can talk later, Eda. Get some rest."

He leave the room and close the door behind and look inside the little window of the door. She still look at him in a strange way. And he walk away. The tear drop in her cheek.

*****