5

I remember I spent hours playing with my bedroom door, after that night, to see if it would creak. But it never did. I wondered if it meant something, as I swung the door back and forth, at different speeds, different rhythms, different ways. I examined every inch of that door, looking for that deafening noise again, however it was just my door.

With the passing days eventually, I lost interest. However, sometimes I would catch myself still staring at it, wishing it would move by itself, but... it was just a door.

These were my days after that nightmare; faithful, thrilling and hopeless days. Except the nights were cold. My skin felt like an icy river while my head played with my eyes. Every night was like a poisoned wish. My dark desires for the unknown brought me to my madness, if I wasn't mad before.

Although my nightmares were made of nothing but the idea of fear, I still looked for something. I wanted to know what I was afraid of.

I looked and looked but, like everything in my life, that fear turned into disappointment. So, my mind found something more interesting to keep me awake.

I saw him... clear as day. Standing right under the moonlight. The boy would stare at the ground for eternities. I wanted to reach for him, but my body was glued to the wet sheets, and I could only move my eyes.

Sometimes, he would move his head slowly and he would stare at me. Strangely, it made me feel calm when he did so.

He was always unmoving, with the same hopeless expression on his face, even when he looked at me. Ultimately, I realized he wasn't looking at me. When he turned his head to me his expression turned to a sadness distress. I struggled with my own body to catch his attention, to tell him I was there, right beside him. But he didn't see me or cared and so I struggled to move the whole night.

The frustration started building up with every night as I struggled to catch the boy's attention. He continuously looked sad, or maybe worried and I bizarrely wanted to comfort him. Eventually the frustration turned into anxiety while I just wanted him to know I was there.

Because I was powerless throughout the night, during the day I would sit close to my window, where the boy used to be at night and made myself believe that it would comfort him. And so, my brain settled for the day-comfort and although my invisibility made me feel lonely, that nightmare became pointless. Consequently, my subconscious decided to surprise me.

I found myself on that forest again, alone. The day was fogy, just like before, and it swallowed the skinny trees whole. I could see it move slowly but steady as it devoured the passing trees. There was also a small, cold breeze that I could feel at my cheeks, that I felt redden. But it wasn't strong enough to make my hair move, just some strings. I was barefoot and in my pyjamas. I heard nothing, not even the breeze. I looked around me but only the mist moved along the still trees. I started walking, nowhere in particular, and let the fog consume me too. I wondered and searched for someone and while the mist blinded me, I eventually started to run. I ran and ran until my feet bled. I tried to find the boy again, between the trees, like before, but I was always alone. No sound, no life, no light, just me.

And I decided that was it, that was what I was scared for... loneliness.

Author's note: 

What do you think of her dreams? Are they scary, frustrating? 

Don't forget to please vote and comment!! :)