12

CLOSE

Lexie was tuning out in the van, she sat in the front seat next to john b as Kiara and Pope sat on the side seat and JJ sat behind her. Lexie starting thinking about her friends in Australia and how the band is doing.

Her thoughts kept switching to her friends and if they found someone to replace her, it pained Lexie to think that a band they started together now has a different lead singer and guitarist. Lexie knows shouldn't be jealous, and she isn't, or maybe she is, just a little bit.

Lexie was taken by her thoughts when John B spoke, "Pope we aren't stealing the drone, we're borrowing it" His arms were crossed as he looked out the window.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality" Pope stated, Lexie turned my head to him.

Being sarcastic, "that was a good one, make that on your own?" John b laughing under his breath.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with it but it applies to this whole treasure hunt thing"  He barked back and Lexie just rolled her eyes at the boy.

Lexie and John B shared a look, "so which one is it? Fantasy or Reality?" she said as she watched the boy as he spoke.

"why are you so weird Pope?" JJ said while putting most of intention into a joint he was rolling. Kiara shook her head, "It's fantasy but possible reality" she shrugged

"Reality" John B said smiling at Lexie and back to Kie, they looked at smiling and at each other.

"virtual reality" JJ mumbled as he lit his joint, once again Lexie rolling her eyes, she leaned over and snatched it from his lips and pulled her own long puff, he looked at the girl with wide eyes "what?"

"you smoke?" he asked, Lexie nodded and took another puff before giving it back to him.

- - -

Kiara and Lexie jumped out, waving for the security guard. "can i help you girls?" he asked

"Hi! Um, we actually have a flat tire" Kie spoke, pointing to the car, that we parked on the side of the road. "we were wondering if maybe you can help us out?" Lexie asked smiling. He looked around before agreeing and opening it up, the girls quickly fist bumped as they walked in opening the gate.

"too easy" Kiara whispered, Lexie lightly shoved her shoulder laughing.

As they showed him the tire pulling the boat, "it must of been a small leak or something" Lexie said, Kiara agreeing with her, "been sitting in the yard too long?" the guard asked

"yeah" Kiara said softly with a grin, if Lexie didn't know her, she would think she would be flirting with him. "yeah yeah i got this" the guard said smiling up at Kiara.  Lexie shoved her again, raising my eyebrows at her. "thankyou" Lexie said.

He kept looking up at them, Lexie started to get a bit nervous, "got it?" she asked, he nodded his head and put his attention back on the tire.

Their attentions were pulled as they heard a dog barking in the distance, "do you hear that?" he asked us, "hear what?" Kie said, " i don't hear anything?" Lexie replied too. My chest was beginning to tighten more.

He stood up, "oh Tebow's got somethin'" implying to his dog, Kiara looked at Lexie with worry in her eyes, "do something" she mouthed at her. "it's probably just a racoon, maybe, I've been getting a lot, my dog, moon, goes crazy at them" Lexie tried giggling to play it off but he just looked at her, "yeah, nothing to worry about" Kie added, "yeah" he slowly nodded and went back to the tire, Lexie let out a shaky breath. "moon" Kiara mouthed, Lexie shrugged smiling.