47

THE CHURCH

The whole drive back to the others were pure bliss for JJ and Lexie. Kie obviously drive while the two lovebirds were cuddled up in the backseat. 

JJ had his head resting on Lexie's chest as she ran her fingers through his hair.

When they pulled up, JJ quickly nipped at her lips before jumping out. Lexie followed out to see her three friends sitting on top of the now, drowned Twinkie. 

"Where the hell were you guys!" Pope yelled out. The three sighed, "paternal complications" Kie said pointing to JJ. 

 "Luke was at the Chateau" JJ clarified as he pulled out the wince. "oh great while you were having family time with your pops, John b git bite by a gator"

"wait what"

"like for real?"

"does it look like we are joking!" Sarah said pointing to John B's tightly wrapped leg.

"okay, what the hell happened!" Kie shouted worriedly.

"what happened? i was bit by a gator!"

"he was bit by a gator!" Pope and John B yelled at the same time. 

"i dunno why i am being yelled at. i put my ass on the line!" Kie shouted back.

JJ had walked over and leant on a tree while Lexie lent against the car. 

"you're being yelled at because it was 20 minutes -"

"well we got here as fast as we could!" 

The group continued to yell and shout at each other. JJ ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly as he couldn't slip in a word. 

"SHUT UP!" Lexie yelled causing the others to stop looking at her confused. Lexie pushed herself off of the car and walked closer to the others.

"look i'm sorry you were bit by a gator, i'm sorry we are late, but if you would be so kind to shut your mouths for a second and listen to Jay, he just had something huge happened to him and you guys are arguing about how long it took"  

Lexie sighed, Kiara looked at her with sorrow as Pope, John B and Sarah had put their head slightly down avoiding her angry gaze. 

Lexie looked to JJ who nodded at her as a silent thankyou, he pulled himself up off the tree, he ran his fingers through his eyes before resting his hands on his hips, meeting the tree again. 

"look, i just helped my dad leave the island, for good, like he is not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish, just 'Bon Voyage'"

The group were silent. but faces turned confused at his last comment. "thats not the right language" Sarah whispered, but every one ignoring her. 

"all we got, and i know for a fact, all i got is you guys okay? you're it" JJ looked around at his friends and rested his gaze onto Lexie who looked at him back, she smiled softly him as he begun to speak up again. 

"i've come too close to losing you, all of you, i mean like shit you and Lex almost drowned! Pope you were kidnapped, Sarah you've been shot, John B you were almost dinner for a freaking gator bro so this blaming each other is some kook-ass bullshit all right? we don't do that, okay? we're Pogues" JJ looked at the ground. 

he through his arms up, "sorry that was a lot right now" he apologised. "i didn't mean to -" The pogues looked at each other smiling, nodding thier heads, they began to clap loudly and cheer JJ on.