50

THIS IS THE POGUE LIFE

Lexie had been a lot more cautious this time around. She had been searching for Sarah now for almost 20 minutes. "i should've asked where they were hiding" Lexie mumbled as she panted. 

There was a sudden announcement for all crew to meet in a certain room below deck. Lexie thought it was weird, taking a step forehead she heard male voices approaching, she quickly looked around before finding some barrels to hide behind. 

she held her breath as 6 men pasted. sighing once she heard a door closed, she pulled herself up and looked around, making sure the coast was clear. She started to head toward the deck where the captain was. 

She walked up the stairs, being less cautious as the crew was no longer on top. she peeked her head in to see two men tied up on the floor and Cleo and Pope above them. 

"Lexie" Pope said smiling, she shook her head, "nothing, i've looked in all cabins, she isn't there, she must be hiding somewhere"

"okay, i'm going to the crane, meet me there" Pope said before walking off. Lexie looked down, "hey, don't worry girl, i'm Sarah is okay, she is a fighter, now go on, i'll deal with them" Cleo said, she smiled up at Lexie which oddly calmed her down. 

Lexie had run down onto the top deck to meet Pope, "what are you doing? what's the plan?" 

Pope kept his gaze down on the floor as it begun to open. 

Lexie looked down, as her heart skipped a beat, there he was. "Lexie? Lexie!" JJ said, Lxie froze, a smile appeared on her face.

"JJ" she whispered. Jj blinked a couple times, his smile lit up, a small dimple appeared in the corner of his mouth. 

Lexie didn't waste anytime jumping down off the edge, heading towards JJ. 

Lexie jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist and he held onto her like his life depended on it. Lexie let her feet down to stand, within a second of doing that, JJ grabbed her face and kissed her passionately.

Lexie's stomach did flips every time he kissed her, she looked at him as he blushed, "hi"

"hi" they both laughed. 

"yeah um HI, i'm here to" Kie laughed from behind JJ. Lexie pecked JJ's lips quickly before running to Kie. 

"i save the best for last" Lexie said hugging her.  "okay, i forgive you" 

After letting go, Lexie felt like she could do anything, all the overthinking form hours before felt like past life. 

- - - 

They had tied the cross successfully on the crane. Kie had run up to help Cleo hold the rope and place the cross safely in the boat. 

JJ and Lexie had left to find John B and Sarah, Lexie was walking in front of JJ, making sure to still be cautious and checking corners. "clear" Lexie nodded her head as the two ran off again.

Just as they turn another corner, the captain walked down. he was angry. "of course there's more of you" he said as he pulled a knife from his pocket. "get down on your knees" he said. 

"Sorry i only do that JJ asks" Lexie said as the two ducked from his incoming machete. 

He swung at JJ, JJ got back up and pushed him against the wall as Lexie swung a metal door into his face a couple times.