43

THE BONFIRE

The bonfire, an OuterBanks tradition. It was the same weekend each year, everyone went, really, everyone.

the group pulled up as tons of teenagers we drinking, dancing, singing, do anything and everything, filling around a massive fire.

"This must be like, everyone teenager on the island" Lexie looked around, shocked, "oh it basically is" Kie shrugged.

"it kinda reminds me of theme night" Lexie smiled back to her gigs in Sydney.

"what?" Pope questioned.

"theme night? every 1st friday night of the month we have a theme night at the club i work in, it would packed you could barely move" Lexie smiled wider.

"what theme was it?"

"oh it was different each time, ABBA is a hit, but we had also done 1D, Queen, even a Taylor Swift one, any huge band or singer we did"

"we gotta go one time" JJ said as he snaked his arm around Lexie's waste, she looked up at him with a small smile.

"when we visit your Aunt and your friends, we gotta go to one of them" JJ said, "you wanna go to Australia, to meet my aunt and my friends?"

"of course i do, we'll i meet your friends already"

"actually you were to jealous and angry of Luke to them and pouted the whole time even though we hated each other then-" Lexie went on, "okay okay i get it, i'll be nicer now knowing your mine" JJ protested, Lexie just laughing at him.

- - -

Lexie had four beers since arriving, she was sitting next to Kie as she rented about her day that she didn't show up to at school.

She huffed, "i'm sorry Kie, wish i could help"

"Lex, you are literally letting me live with you, that's more help then i could ever ask for"

Lexie smiled at her, and it was true, Lexie was massively helping her out, though she still wished she could do more, like talk to her psycho mum.

"anyway, where's the gang at?" Kie asked looking around.

"there's Pope talking to some guy from school, there's John B with girl and JJ who is talking to another girl"

Lexie whipped her head around to were Kie had pointed, "watch this" Lexie said.

she quickly got up and walked with purpose over to the pair, JJ almost looked happy that he was being saved, however the girl just looked at her in disgust.

"who are you and what do you want?" the blonde hair bitch said.

Lexie looked at JJ confused, she sniffed "do you smell-" sniffed again, "- a dirty skank?-"

the blonde quickly turned angry, placing her hand on her hips.

"ohhh it's you". Lexie giggled as she made eye contact with her, "leave before i personally whoop your tiny ass"