15

SNOB'S PARTY

"What was your thought process that was going through your head?" JJ said to Pope, "i don't know man, i just kind if acted off instinct" pope shrugged. "i was a cornered animal"

Kiara and Lexie giggled under their breaths, "Hey Pope, someone here to see you!" Heyward called out.

The four teens heart stopped for moment as the watched Deputy Shoupe walk in, Pope's eyes fluttered and his breathing got quicker.

"Evening officer" Pope said, trying to smile, Shoupe sighed, "I have an arrest warrant for felony of destruction of property"

Heyward looked at his son with disappointment. JJ, Kiara and Lexie had no idea what to do, though Lexie had an idea, she promised the boy he wouldn't lose his scholarship, 1000 things in her head trying to figure out how to help the boy.

"put your hands on the counter where i can see them" Shoupe continued.

"Shoupe. what'd he do huh?"

"look at the warrant"

"you're arresting him?" Kiara said, "You're arresting my boy?" Heyward got angry

"be careful!" Kiara called out. Lexie looked at JJ, they both not knowing what to do.

"anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law, you have the right to an attorney -"

"how much they paying you man?" JJ barked at him.

Lexie followed the other outside, everything becoming fuzzy and static, before she knew what she was doing. "IT WASN'T HIM!"  the girl yelled.

everyone turned to face her, JJ grabbed her arm but she pulled away, walking to Shoupe. "It was me" she said confidently.

"Lexie" Kiara whispered. JJ ran his fingers through his hair.

"He tried talking me out of it, but i was mad because we were both jumped by Rafe and Topper doing a job for Heyward, they hit me a couple times, but did a whole lot more damage to Pope. I moved here 2 weeks ago, and i'm already so sick of those assholes from figure 8 hurting my best friends, i lost my shit" She shrugged.

She looked at Pope, Kiara stood in front of JJ to stop him from intervening.

"I can't let you take the blame for something i did, you got to much to lose" she sighed, her eyes becoming soft.

"Lexie what are you doing?" Pope said to the girl, she shook her head. "I'm doing the right thing, i'm telling the damn truth" she stared at pope, a single tear leaving her eye.

"Lexie c'mon!" JJ said, "JJ shut up!" she snapped. She turned to face Shoupe, "he's a good kid, this was all me"

"that the whole truth?" Shoupe asked pope, He went to deny, but Lexie held her stern eyes to the boy, "yeah" a tear now leaving Pope's. Lexie let out a relived sigh.

Shoupe uncuffed Pope and put them Lexie, once again, it all becoming fuzzy to her, she was put in the car, she looked out to see Kiara crying, Pope holding her while Heyward stood behind his son, she never saw JJ.

- - -

Lexie sat in cell, she was cold, she felt sick and light headed, "please please! Call my house number and asked for Lana! My mother is away and doesn't have reception"

Shoupe nodded, "you know i will have to tell her once she returns"

"yes sir, i understand"

It felt like an eternity before Sheriff Peterkin lead Lexie into her office. "I barely know you, yet you and your friends a little rocks in my shoe" Lexie put her head down, "i shake my foot, think i gotten it out, and dang, there it is again" she sat down, staring at the girl.