42

CROSS OF SAINT DOMINGO

The next morning, Lexie laid peacefully on the bed with JJ's arms wrapped tightly around her. Lexie started to stir awake at the noises Pope was making, soon he walked in to throw a pillow at the two. 

"get up we have to go to school" He spat out quickly before leaving with a bunch of empty beer cans and tape. 

JJ groaned, "morning jay" Lexie kissed his forehead, shuffling around in his arms, "mmm morning gorgeous" he replied back with his raspy morning voice

"c'mon lets go" Lexie sat up, as she was about to stand onto her feet, jj grabbed her waist pulling her back down, the pair in a fit of giggles. 

"JJ!" 

"no, who need an educations anyway?" he groaned. 

"Obviously you" Lexie giggled at him, trying to form a sentence early in the morning. 

"oh shut up" her twisted around, pulling Lexie to lay on her back as he hovered over her, holding both arms down over her head with on hand as his other is on her waist, smothering her in kisses.

"UP" Kiara shouted as she banged on the door. Lexie and JJ looked at each other smiling, JJ loosened his grip, Lexie taking that chance to slip out. 

"heyyyyy" he pouted like a kid, Lexie smiled at him, taking off his shirt that she wore to bed, "heyyy" he repeated in a more excited manner. 

Lexie slipped on some jeans and a crop with a flannel, leaving her mess of hair to flow on her shoulders. 

JJ threw some shorts on and he shirt that Lexie was previously wearing, making her smile, she went onto her tippy toes to place a soft kiss on his lips, "lets go lover boy" 

"we have a geometry test in 30 minutes" Pope said to John B who was slouching around the house. "i'll meet you guys there" Kie said before dipping. 

As Pope pulled John B out of the house, "I'm starving, i just need some pizza" JJ started, Pope quickly grabbed his collar pulling him back towards the door, "nope you guys missed breakfast" 

Lexie sat in the passenger seat  looking out the window, JJ was on the back seat sleeping again, same with John B but on the side seat.

Pope roughly stopped the van, sending JJ flying forward into the back of Lexie's seat. Lexie couldn't stop laughing. 

"c'mon" Pope sighed as the bell rang. "up and at 'em boys" Lexie said as she jumped out of the van. 

- - - 

Lexie wasn't paying attention as she was no the phone to her Aunt. She was pulled along by JJ, following the other boys into a room with Mr Sunn saying something about the archives. 

He pulled a box and opened it up, John B gave the signal for Lexie to end her call, "okay, um, Aunt Jo, i'm sorry, i have to go, i'll you back later" 

"uh.. careful with that" Mr Sunn said as Pope picked up a plastic bag with a diary inside. 

"it's a diary"

"whoa" Pope mumbled, "it looks like its about to fall apart into ashes any moment" Lexie said looking at it. 

"the authors unknown" Mr Sunn said, however the group were more shocked and drawn to the wheat symbol, yes THE wheat symbol on the front page.