30

MESSAGE FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

Lexie woke up the next morning, with a cold breeze coming in from a opened window, filling her tired lungs. The back of her bare skin pressed against the warmth of another, Lexie smiled to herself.

Lexie sat up stretching smiling at the blonde haired boy next to her, "jay, we gotta get up, we have school" Lexie whispered, placing a kiss to his forehead.

JJ groaned and wrapped his arm around her waist, "not yet" he groaned into her lap.

"yes now, or you can explain to Kie and Pope when they pull up any minute why your in bed" Lexie said, she watched as JJ's face grew a mischievous smirk.

"or i could tell them what we did in this bed last night" he said emphasizing the we.

Lexie couldn't help but smile, she quickly faked scoffed and lightly slapped his head. "JJ Maybank you wouldn't!" she said chuckling.

She flung her legs over the bed, wrapping herself in a blanket and walking into the bathroom to get changed.

By the time she was finished, she walked out to see JJ changed and asleep on the couch, Lexie smiled softly at the boy, she walked over to kissed him lightly on his face, causing him to wake up, much like she did in The Wreck.

As he woke up pulling her in for a deeper kiss a car horn beeped at the front, JJ groaned, "not fair" he complained. "little boy" Lexie said walking as he got up "hey" and smacked her ass running past her to the car.

- - -

Getting out of the car, the girls found they were being stared at by everyone teenager there.

Lexie and Kie held hands taking a deep breath, the boys were miserable.

"I gotta go, i'm going to be late" Kie stopped Pope, "hey hey, we gotta stick together" holding out her hand, she his grabbed onto Pope's hand as the three walked. JJ walked quickly past them but Lexie grabbed onto his bicep pulling him close.

the pair looked at each other, Lexie knew JJ hated school especially without Jb, she smiled at him reassuring it would be okay.

They day went past fairly quickly so far they were all sitting in a history lesson, Pope was the closest to the front paying close attention, Kie and Lexie sat across from each other just keeping down notes and JJ sat behind Lexie drawing doodles in his book.

The four pogues phones dinged at the same time, Lexie grabbed out phone out of sight just in time, "who's phone was that?" the teacher asked, "nobody? you will be tested, now to recap, Who was Diocletian?" He asked but not wanting an answer as he continued.

Lexie looked at her phone to see a message from a unknown number, she looked at Kie who was already looking at her and turned to JJ who looked confused. "did you get it?" Lexie heard Kie ask Pope.

"yeah" he responded, Kie looked at Lexie and JJ as the pair crawled over to them, opening the message together, they all held the same photo up of Sarah and John B, alive and smiling. Lexie felt like she could scream from excitement.

JJ looked at her and placed a quick kiss on her lips before getting up and running out of the class, Kie and Lexie grabbed thier bags while Pope tried to pack everything up, "sorry sir emergency!" Lexie called out as Pope stumbled on his excuse.

They all ran out of the room laughing, "we can go to the courtyard" Kie said as JJ flung across the freshly mopped floor earning a burst a laugher from the three. "god! Whoo!" JJ yelled getting up.

"Hey where do you think you're going!?" the janitor called out. "shit run!" Kie yelled.

"I mean is this even possible? like Shoupe said, that they didn't make it, he said that!" Lexie said while making her way to sit down next to Pope on the table.