32

LOUSY COP

The group sprinted to the car, Pope was panting followed by Lexie, Kiara sat still in her seat, not moving. "Can someone fill me in on what the frick just happened?" JJ yelled, slamming his fist on the seat. 

Lexie stayed looking forward grabbing onto JJ's hand to calm him down. 

"holy crap, i can't believe it" JJ huffed, "wait wait, what were they fighting over?" Lexie asked, mainly Pope. 

"uh - it was - it was gun, the one Rafe used. He must of kept it" Pope stuttered. 

"if course! of course! the murder weapon!"  JJ shouted again. 

"pick up pick up"  The group turned to Kiara as she was freaking out in the front trying to call someone. "who are you calling Kie?" Lexie asked. "who do you think?" Kiara shouted as tears poured from her eyes. 

"the cops?" Pope shouted to her. "who else am i supposed to call?" She shouted at him. "why would you call the police?" JJ shouted. Pope just stared at the girl with disgust.

JJ and Kiara went back and forth shouting, "Shut up!" Lexie yelled, causing them to stop and look at her. But before Lexie could say anything a 'hello?' came from the phone. 

Kiara immediately started talking, "hello? Hi, somebody's been shot at the - at the Grand Street construction site!" Lexie huffed back in her seat.

"ma'am?" the man spoke on the line. 

"You guys need to hurry because he is dying, i don't know if he is already dead or not!" she shouted, Kiara went on telling them to hurry while crying. 

Pope looked defeated, " we gotta go, we re sitting ducks" JJ said freaking out. "we can't stay here Kie" Lexie said to the girl. "we need to go" Pope said turning to her. 

"what do you want me to do?" Kiara said crying. "just drive!" Pope said back. 

- - - 

Lexie zoned out, she was pissed off because Kiara drove them back to the site to talk to Shoupe. Lexie leant against one of the beams just staring at the ground. 

"look it was right here, and this is where the manic claimed his next victim right there" Kiara said pointing the ground. 

"huh uh - his next victim?" Shoupe questioned, not believing them. "yeah" Kiara said like it was obvious. 

"right how long ago did you say it happened?" Shoupe asked. Lexie looked over to see JJ kneeling on the ground, "forty five minutes ago Shoupe" JJ said standing back up. 

"okay" he said writing down in his notepad. "so, Ward Cameron, just popped one off and shot him" Shoupe replied to them. 

"yes" Kiara huffed. "execution style? and then cleaned it all up in 45 minutes?" He went on. 

"yeah" Kiara said looking at Pope. "Obviously" he said back. "we filmed the entire thing" Kiara said, Lexie sighed at looked up at the stars through the open roof. 

"you filmed it?" Shoupe asked. "yes but we can't show it because Pope fell and landed on it and because it is a piece of shit it broke - " Kiara rambled on. 

"this is a telephoto and we needed to get long distance image, and - and - and i fell and it broke, basically unusable" Pope said expressionless at Shoupe.

JJ stood back to next to Lexie, "you good?" he whispered to her, she lowered her head to look at him, she nodded her head avoiding his eye contact, JJ knew she wasn't, he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her in closer to him, she let out a sigh and rested her head on his shoulder.