20

WHEAT IN THE WATER

Lexie was up early that morning, she sat looking at the horizon and the sun coming up. She wasn't sad, she was content, her life felt like a movie to her, but she never felt the main character. She ponded on the thought that what if she was the main character?

And if she was, she would probably have a boyfriend, she would be popular, everyone would love her and she would be known from everyone in town. The parents would love her and boys would froth over her. 

But as she thought about it, she didn't want to be the main character, she loved her life now, yes her dad dying was pretty big and so was moving. But she loved her small group of friends, doing what she wants for her, not for anyone else, that she loved being who she was. Why would she change that for a stupid stereotype. 

 - - -

"hey" Kiara and Sarah walked out to her, the sun had now full risen, "hey, what's the time?" Lexie asked. 

"9" Sarah said. Lexie's eyes widened she didn't realise how long she had been sitting there for. 

The girls hung around talking and laughing. "so" Sarah said, leaning back. Lexie and Kiara looked at her with smiles. 

"does this make us-?" Sarah said slowly. Kie and Lexie looked at each other with smiles and both simultaneously jumped on the blonde girl hugging her. 

As they laid down giggling, Lexie heard a noise, Se stood up sitting on the end of the boat, "look who's here" Lexie said, pointing to the boys who made their way around the corner. 

"don't give them the satisfaction that this work" Kie said as they pulled up. "Absolutely" Sarah said, Lexie smiled and nodded.

They boys pulled up, all with smirks on their face, though John B did have a little worry showing. 

"John B" Kiara said to him, "uh, what's that?"  John B responded. 

"mastermind" Lexie said sarcastically while keeping a straight face. She looked over to JJ who had a giddy smile plastered on his face, she grinned a little turning her head away so she wouldn't break character. 

"I'm always planning" John B said, "some patriarchal bullshit" Kiara said rolling her eyes while climbing into the boat. 

"yeah that sucked" Sarah said jumping in. "still love us though right?" JJ questioned, moving his gaze to Lexie, she looked at the boy and bite her lip, looking back down to jump in the boat. 

"yeah whatever" Sarah rolling her eyes. "Hey, you still hate me?" John B gazed at Sarah, Lexie felt happy for the boy now, she could now understand what the boy likes about Sarah.

"A little, we're gonna get you back when you least expecting it" Sarah said, staring at John B. "watch your back boys" Kie added, Lexie couldn't help but chuckling. 

"what are you laughing at?" JJ questioned her. "oh, just some ways and ideas of how to fuck with you guys, got to say they are pretty good" she smirked at the boys, JJ ran his tongue over his inner lip and turned to John B.

"I welcome that challenge" Pope shrugged, "me too" JJ looking at Lexie once again, she rolled her eyes smiling. 

"so did you guys, you know -" Pope questioned. 

"reconcile our differences?" Lexie said, "Mm-mm" Sarah said shaking her head, "Not even close" Kie said. "but we're are willing to work together" Sarah said.