29

RECOVERY

- The next day -

Lexie woke up from a rough sleep, she stayed in a hotel, the bed was hard the pillow felt like a blanket wrapped up. As she groaned, she pulled herself out of bed and into the bathroom. She looked herself in the mirror, a deep sigh leaving her breath.

after throwing her hair into a bun, she picked up her phone to see a message from Lana, now that the generators were up again, she could charge her phone. 'Meet me outside'

Lexie grabbed her bag and walked out, she gave the keys back to the head office, she received questionable eyes from many people. Lana was in her car smiling at the girl.

"Hey babe, feeling any better?" Lana asked as she drove down the road.

Lexie looked out the window. "I just lost two of my best friends, one was more like a brother, so horrible, but dwelling won't do anything so i'm fine" Lana gave Lexie a sorrow look. "i've been through this before, i know how it works" Lexie sighed.

Soon enough the pair reached a familiar house, "Lan is this?-" Lexie questioned as her and Lana walked to the house.

"Ever since you got me that job, i've been indebted to you, i've put most of my money into repairing this house, now it is liveable and safe, not only do i wish you would say yes to live here with me, but also allow me to do this" Lana said slowly.

Lexie had tears gleaming in her eyes, she was just told she has a place to stay, with someone she trusts, a mother figure to her. They stood in the door way, Lana gave Lexie a piece of paper at the top that read "Adoption"

Lexie broke out into a sob and wrapped her arms around the woman.

The pair spent the rest of the day together, they set up the rest of Lexie's room and made final touches to the house to make it their own.

"Lan, i love you so much, thankyou, f - for everything, for looking after me and also believing in John B, not much people do" Lexie put her head down to look at her feet.

"Lex my dear" Lana grabbed her hand to meet her eyes, "People will soon find out the truth that he was innocent, and for you, this is a new beginning, this is the start of you and your friends recovery, and you better let them know that they are welcomed here."

Lexie smiled, which was rare for this past day and she hugged her a final time.

- - -

- present -

The four pogues sat in the yard of the Chateau, it was hard to be there for each of them, but it also brung a sense of comfort and hope that maybe they did get away.

Lexie sat next to Kie as they held hands, watching Pope tear into the tree, JJ helping him as they burnt a memorial into the tree for thier friends.

JJ and Lexie hadn't spoken much, she spent the first 3 days at her new home, JJ stayed with Pope, and they lost touch for the first few days until Lexie cracked the shits at them, now being together 24/7.

The four stood back and looked at the tree, JJ held up his flask, "To John B" he said before taking a swig. Lexie and him haven't had a moment alone since the Wreck. He was avoiding her, though he had also lost the most important person in his life, Lexie didn't do anything though it pained her.

"and to Sarah" Kie said softly next to Lexie, squeezing her hand tighter, a tear running from her face.

The four too a swig from all of their drinks, Lexie and Kie went to the tree and buried items that belonged to thier friends.