1.37 (bonus chapter)

~~~

~~~

school was starting back up which meant trying to get as much money the two Lively's had to do before it started. for groceries, tutoring if they need it, school activities, supplies and a lot more things. Belle sat on her bed fixing up her last book Rafe had destroyed which was Pride and Prejudice, she double taped it going to her bookshelf setting it in. looking out her window at the empty Château broke her heart, what she would do to just see and hug John B one more time, tell him how much she loved and cared for him.

but she couldn't. she looked at her uniform for the beach club in disgust shoving it in her drawer. she was grateful for the job JJ had gotten her because of the amazing pay but wasn't excited to be around the Kooks who talk crap nonstop whenever they see a Pogue around.

a text appeared on her phone seeing her mother sending her yet another text about the Kook Academy and how great Figure Eight is, she grabbed her phone muting both her parents texts tossing her phone onto her bed.

~~~

Belle walked through the bookstore quietly trying to make herself feel better since John B and Sarah's disappearance, not even books could lift her mood. walking through the isles trying to find at least one book, her brother sent her out for the day instead of staying in her room but she'd rather be in her room than out.

the front door of the store opened followed by loud laughing, Belle looked over seeing a few of the Kooks.

Sean, Kelce, Josephine and Katherine.

"fuck." Belle cursed silently hiding through the bookshelves going back to her search.

she ended up grabbing 'The Deal." by Elle Kennedy making her way to the counter where Eve was waiting for her.

"how are you doing, sweetheart?" Eve asked checking out the book.

"i'm doing," Belle sighed pulling out her money.

"you don't have to pay, it's on me. you've gone through a lot these past weeks." the young woman shook her head seeing the money.

"no it's okay, i can afford it really, just take it and keep the change, i know you need the money." Belle insisted knowing she was going through some stuff as well with her son being sick.

"thanks hun." Eve grinned, Belle sent her a smile grabbing them bag and walked out of the store.

Belle walked her way back to her small side of the island, but instead of going home she turned her way to the boneyard where it was always empty during the day since it usually gets full at night for parties, but the four Pogues have avoided it ever since the night John B and Sarah went missing.