1.6

~~~

~~~

getting back to the pier a few other Pogues were hanging out watching what was happening. the crew arrived greeting a few of their other friends watching what was happening, Belle sat next to John B leaning against the wall watching the scene.

"who's that?" John B asked seeing the person on the stretcher.

"it's Scooter Grubbs. he was out during the storm." their blonde friend Peeler said.

"oh shit." Belle mumbled looking up at JJ.

"check out this pic i got. dead body." Peeler said showing around the picture.

Belle turned her head not wanting to see the man, she knew Scooter, he was a nice guy and all. but what the hell was he doing out during the storm?

"what kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked.

"somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. everyone's out looking for it." Peeler instructed putting her phone away as the Pogues looked at each other worriedly.

~~~

back at the Château, John B was flipping an empty beer bottle, JJ was playing with his lighter, Belle was sharing the recliner with JJ reading her book and Kiara was on the couch when Pope ran in panicking after what he had heard on the pier a few minutes ago.

"okay. so, um.. we didn't see anything. we don't know anything. we need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope instructed calming himself down.

"actually, Pope's right for once. see, i after with you sometimes. deny, deny, deny." JJ spoke standing up walking next to John B.

"guys, we can't keep that money." Kiara said as Belle looked over at her curly haired friend.

"okay. not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ turned to her.

"we have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. otherwise, it's bad karma." Kiara continued to say.

"bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. we gotta go dark." Pope explained.

"if that means we get to keep the money, then i agree." Belle spoke as her friends looked at her confused.

"i don't agree." John B told his best friend laying his hand on her head.

"what? why?" Belle turned to him putting her book back in her bag.

"just think about it. this is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, right? same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. shit, one time i saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. we're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? just sayin'." John B explained to his friends.