2.24

_

"guys, the thing that Limbrey said, i don't think she meant to let it slip," Belle heard Pope speak as she sat up from laying down all the way in the back of the twinkie, "she said the key leads to the cross of Santo Domingo."

"wait can i see that?" JJ reached his hand out for the key.

"are we supposed to know what that is?" Sarah asked.

"i'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope says.

"well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Kiara read off her phone, Belle rested her chin on her shoulder reading what the website said.

"New Spain? is there an Old Spain?" JJ asked.

"shit, talk about over-gifting. look at that thing. looks like there's a person standing next to it." Kie shows the photo to her friends.

"so it's a giant ass cross."

"it was widely considered at the to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces. it was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829." Kiara says as Belle immediately shakes her head.

"please don't mention Bermuda." she says knowing JJ will go on and on about for hours.

"did you just say Bermuda?" JJ turned to the girls.

"oh, no. not the triangle." John B turns to his best friend.

"it always leads back to the triangle, dude. like every single time something's weird, it's Bermuda." JJ says.

"okay, well. what does a key found above your mee-maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kiara asked Pope.

"yeah." Sarah adds.

"where do we come in?" Belle looks at Pope.

"i don't know. that's a good question." Pope said as the twinkie started slowing down.

Belle looked out the window seeing that they had arrived at the nursing home, JJ stepped out of the van opening the back door as Pope climbed out followed by Kie.

"hey, uh, actually, i think i'm gonna do this one by myself." Pope tells Kie.

"are you sure?"

"yeah, i can handle it. i don't really need you, so.." Pope said, Belle and Sarah looked at each other in silence wondering what had happened between the two.